“Pretty Nice for the Price”
Review of Rainbow Motel

Rainbow Motel
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 28 May 2013

It's definitely the best value in a town, an affordable, comfortable place that is easy walking distance to town. Word on the street in Bend (or at least what we kept hearing) is that Californians/Tahoe people have been moving to Bend in droves and driving the locals out by skyrocketing the prices of land and everything else. This hotel was family owned/operated by a lovely Indian family, who were very friendly and welcoming. The room was nice for the price, I can't think of anything really wrong with the room/hotel or anything that could have been improved given the price, but despite the price this was the kind of room I would expect at a much more expensive hotel or a chain hotel such as a holiday inn. The rooms had a desk/table for two which was handy and the sink outside of the bathroom with a vanity area, which can be important for the ladies :) It is not a 5 Star hotel, I am just rating the 5 because it delivered everything we hoped for and was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Thanks for a hassle free night of rest!

** When taking our luggage out of our car, another couple was unloading and I overheard the woman say "well there are a lot of nice cars in the parking lot, so this must be okay" it was true, it seems that a lot of outdoorsy, nice couples, and families were staying here and trying to save money as the prices in bend seem to be not what they used to be according to locals.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room in the second building near the back of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HoosierKiwi

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here for a weekend skiing trip to Bend. Keep in mind that this is a budget motel, but it is very clean, and within easy walking distance to downtown Bend and restaurants. We stayed in the back building, and the room was very quiet, with a nice shower, cable tv, refrigerator, and microwave. It is not a chain, which I appreciate, and it is obvious that the owners take great pride in their property. The office is sweetly kitschy, with a sweet mural of rainbow photos taken by the owner's daughter, and a little window alcove with lots of rainbow mugs. Much better and cheaper than a Motel 6, America's Value Inn or that level of motel.

Room Tip: We liked the back building, and the first floor was good so we didn't have to drag our stuff up...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy F
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have to admit that I chose this hotel because I am a University of Hawaii alumni, GO BOWS!! and because I wanted a room that the door opened to the parking lot and on the first floor( my car was full of gear I didn't want to unload).

The owner Panna was helpful and checked me in quickly and then told me I was on the second floor in the building in the back. I think she was trying to give me a safe room since I was travelling alone and I had to really be adamant I wanted the first floor where I could see my car. Weirdly all the rooms that opened to the courtyard were smoking rooms. I had no idea hotles/motels still had smoking rooms? She gave me a room on the first floor and the building was a secure building.

The only bummer was the outside door wanted to eat my keycard. The door would open with the key card in but then not want to give my card back unless I shut the door. It was a quandry that I solved by cussing and yanking the card very, very hard each time I left the building.

The room was affordable ($44) clean, and after the heater roll awhile it warmed up admirably.
I would stay here again.
GO BOWS!!!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are in the front and non-smoking are in the building in the back. Keycard can be touch...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Piercedlibrarian
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I had a reservation for one night. I cancelled it several days in advance. I spoke with the owner. He seemed fine with it. My error was I did not ask for a cancellation number. He charged us for the room anyway. When I called him to tell him i had been charged he said I never called. I reminded him about the conversation we had but he denied it. I could not believe he was so dishonest and had no concern about the situation. He even said "people do this all the time". After several attempts to get him to do the right thing. I gave up. Very sad to see a business owner treat customers that way. very dishonest!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jkc51862
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Room rate was very affordable. Room was clean. Great Value if you are looking a motel room. I even left my phone charger behind, and they mailed it back to me right away. Very short drive or managable walk to the downtown Bend

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank richard b
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during a quick cruise around oregon. I felt that this place was a great inexpensive choice although some travelers may not think that this motel measures up to some of the newer style mega-hotels out there. If you are not picky about there being updated style bedding or a flat screen in your room this is a good choice for you. It is very close to a grocery store as well as gas station.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Rainbow Motel, in Bend, Or. is a good inexpensive choice for anyone going through Bend.

Room Tip: Away from ice machine & entrances
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple