Rainbow Motel
The Oxford Hotel(Bend)
  • Restaurant
Wall Street Suites(Bend)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanmini fridge and microwavebusy weekendconvenient locationwould stay againamenitiesvrbodowntownsoapunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the Rainbow Motel, great spot, clean, comfortable and friendly owners. My room was average size, with fridge and microwave, table with 2 chairs & other standard furniture. Decor is a bit dated, but well cared for.

Room Tip: I stayed in the newer back section, but the older front rooms were in the process of being renovated in Aug -2013
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RobynG178
Reviewed 26 July 2013

In July my husband and I stayed at the Rainbow Motel for the second time. This time, we didn't have reservations and when we drove in the vacancy sign was not on. We assumed that there was not a room available; however, we decided to check and as it turned out, moments before we walked in, they had received a cancellation for that night. We gladly snapped it up. Again, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the room. This time the room was quite small but we were just passing through and it was sufficient for us for one night. The bed was firm but comfortable, and the only complaint I have is that the pillows this time were too hard. We should have asked for different ones but by then we were too tired to bother. In the morning we paid the price with stiff necks.

On our way out the next morning we noticed a small garden area at the back of our room. This would have been a pleasant spot to rest in the evening had we noticed it earlier. There weren't any chairs out there, so you would need to have your own lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First of all that picture IS NOT of the Rainbow Motel. When I lived in bend I had my family stay there all the time because it was very affordable, but very clean and family friendly. It is also within walking distance of downtown Bend which is great. We only stayed in the non-smoking rooms which are a newer addition, we never stayed in the smoking rooms which are much older and part of the original motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 28 May 2013

It's definitely the best value in a town, an affordable, comfortable place that is easy walking distance to town. Word on the street in Bend (or at least what we kept hearing) is that Californians/Tahoe people have been moving to Bend in droves and driving the locals out by skyrocketing the prices of land and everything else. This hotel was family owned/operated by a lovely Indian family, who were very friendly and welcoming. The room was nice for the price, I can't think of anything really wrong with the room/hotel or anything that could have been improved given the price, but despite the price this was the kind of room I would expect at a much more expensive hotel or a chain hotel such as a holiday inn. The rooms had a desk/table for two which was handy and the sink outside of the bathroom with a vanity area, which can be important for the ladies :) It is not a 5 Star hotel, I am just rating the 5 because it delivered everything we hoped for and was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Thanks for a hassle free night of rest!

** When taking our luggage out of our car, another couple was unloading and I overheard the woman say "well there are a lot of nice cars in the parking lot, so this must be okay" it was true, it seems that a lot of outdoorsy, nice couples, and families were staying here and trying to save money as the prices in bend seem to be not what they used to be according to locals.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room in the second building near the back of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HoosierKiwi
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here for a weekend skiing trip to Bend. Keep in mind that this is a budget motel, but it is very clean, and within easy walking distance to downtown Bend and restaurants. We stayed in the back building, and the room was very quiet, with a nice shower, cable tv, refrigerator, and microwave. It is not a chain, which I appreciate, and it is obvious that the owners take great pride in their property. The office is sweetly kitschy, with a sweet mural of rainbow photos taken by the owner's daughter, and a little window alcove with lots of rainbow mugs. Much better and cheaper than a Motel 6, America's Value Inn or that level of motel.

Room Tip: We liked the back building, and the first floor was good so we didn't have to drag our stuff up the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family