“We Needed Some Sugar”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“We Needed Some Sugar”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our visit to Bend was turning sour as Mt. Bachelor was experiencing a snowstorm upon our assent forcing us to turn back, the lava fields were closed because of the season and the passengers in the car were getting antsy.

We decided to try an indoor activity so we went on the self guided tour of Goody's Chocolate Factory. The tour is very short with a small but interesting display of a cacao tree and forms of chocolate. Large windows allow visitors to view the making of various chocolate covered confections. After the tour, there is an eating area for ice cream, popcorn, and candy.

I am not much of an ice cream eater, so I cannot speak to that, but I did sample various flavors of popcorn and they were tasty. A member of our party brought several kinds of chocolate which we all sampled later.

In summary, I would say that this was a worthwhile and fun visit. It did not take very long. There were bathrooms available which was great for us, because we had been in the car all day. The best tribute I can give to this place is that all of us wanted to return again because the popcorn and chocolate were so good. Unfortunately, we never found the time to do so. I guess I'll have to check out their website to place an order.

Visited April 2014