“Shabby & unclean”

Sugarloaf Mt. Motel
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We chose this motel based on its website, location, & price. When we checked in at 3:25pm, the desk clerk reminded us that check in was at 4:00pm & the room may not be ready yet. Upon entering the sparcely furnished room with 1 bed, I noted something under the desk & also under the sink counter. It was dog feces !! When I presented the "poos" to the front desk clerk, she said the manager would only allow a $10 discount for our trouble. I insisted on another, clean room, which we got after another lengthy wait at the front desk. It was missing some hand towels, but at least there were no feces in this unit.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect the room before you enter it to avoid an uncomfortable situation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel along with a group. We had rented five rooms. When I made the reservations we were quoted $79/room and received confirmations noting the $79 rate. When we checked out I noticed they increased the rate to $89. When I inquired with Eli, the manager, he said it didn't matter what I was quoted or what my confirmation showed because when I signed in the evening of our arrival, the rate on the folio was $89. Unbelievable. I'm a hotelier and you simply don't quote a rate, send a confirmation with the quoted rate, and then raise the rate at check-in and dismissing the previously agreed rate. Eli was no help and has a lot to learn about customer service and ethics.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank titleistone
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I visit Bend every other year and this is my favorite hotel to stay at in town!

Great price and value... can't be beat!

Rooms are very clean, modern, and roomy. Breakfast is well stocked with and maintained and what any travelers would expect (cereal, milk, biscuits, chipped beef, donuts, fruit, yogurt, make your own waffles, bagels, etc.).

Service team is very nice and helpful.

Can't beat it for service, price, and value!

Room Tip: This place is well known as a great value, so it tends to book up faster than other hotels in the ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OutdoorValleyForge
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It has really become a challenge to find a reasonably priced hotel in Bend but the Sugarloaf is it. We go to a soccer tournament in August every year. We stayed her with our two sons. Our room was clean. The staff was helpful. It had the usual motel breakfast, convenient and just fine. The price for our room was at least $40 less than other similar hotels.

Room Tip: This hotel fills up so you need to book well in advance. We had rooms on the backside of the motel...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The rooms were very good for the price you pay. There is a typical motel hot breakfast. I only rated it down because they didn't have enough towels in the room for the number of travelers (the number on the reservation). Went to the front desk and she didn't want to be bothered to go to the laundry room so she gave me a pool towel. Also, breakfast ends at 10:00. Folks were having a little difficulty with the waffle iron so there was a line up of about three little boys. Right at ten a less than pleasant employee swooped in and said breakfast was over and closed up shop. Thought she couldn't handled that better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here just one night. The front desk people were nice and friendly, the room was very clean and comfortable. Flat screen tv, in room coffee, fridge and microwave. Good shower. Standard continental breakfast fare. AC worked nicely. I slept great! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I saw the sign said $69 for the night with hot breakfast. With tax it was $76. I just needed a room for the night that was quiet and out of the heat of Bend in the summer. It met all those requirements. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment-no fresh fruit and dry bagels. However the front desk people were cordial.

• Stayed: July 2013