“Disappointed...”

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Lebanon, Oregon
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews prior to our stay, I had high hopes for this place. Sadly, they were not met.

First the good:
Staff was very nice.
Great location off the beaten path a little bit.
Hiking trails right off the grounds made for a nice morning jog.
The pool was large and went up to ft.

The bad:
This place needs a major upgrade. Most of the fixtures and furnishings are very outdated. Wood floors make it so that every foot step can be heard by your neighbor. Paper thin walls to the point I was up by 6 AM because my neighbor was and walking around opening and closing things and we could hear it all. The bathroom fan didn't seem to work to well, obvious because of the mold on the ceiling. Carpet was very old and dirty.
For some reason there were Best Western Hotel things in many places like our bathroom cups and info guide.
Only clock in room did not light up, had the wrong time and was on a table out of reach of either bed.
Breakfast was light. Weak coffee, some fruit, packed oatmeal and tiny pastries.
The grounds were not very clean. As you enter and head to your room via car, you are greeted with what looks like a garage sale in the back.

All this for about $120 a night for a two queen room. So much potential wasted on a lack of willingness to update what needs to be attended to. We will sadly not be staying again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend. Rooms were clean nice pool and spa and access to trails. Quiet off the road and dog friendly! Close to lakes hiking and shopping and you could splurge at Tetherow golf.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank campbeka
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love the Bend area and all it's contrasts - red earth desert and pine trees, trails, mountains, the clean air and rivers, shopping, uniquely western architecture and wildlife. Unfortunately the area that I love is also loved by lots of others and that has made it a very expensive place to vacation. For a quick trip to Bend for a bike race I decided to try staying at the Entrada. Don't expect high living here at the Entrada. This is a basic, yet clean motel located at the out skirts of the main town. It was perfectly placed for us as the bike race was in the Deschutes National Park and the motel is located 15 minutes away from the Wanoga Sno Park. The rooms are clean yet basic. We were disappointed not to have refrigerators or microwaves in our rooms but my kids loved the pool and spa and I loved the run I did from the motel where I encountered 3 deer and a beautifully peaceful run despite the occasional sub division backing up to the trail. The rooms are located in a wonderfully forested lot that just makes your soul happy, especially when you are saving money too. The continental breakfast is basic - oatmeal, Danishes, muffins, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, bananas and apples but it got the day started. I would not recommend any of the rooms with numbers 101 to about 120 if you sleep light or go to sleep early. All face the pool, which is open till 10, and the road. Morning foot traffic to the breakfast goes past many of these rooms so it would not be ideal. We were in rooms 179 and 180 at the back of the property and they were quiet and room 180 has a wonderful picture window that looks out into the trees. It's the simple pleasures. Lots of great places to eat locally and the staff was very accommodating. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Get rooms with higher numbers towards the back of the property. Avoid rooms 101 to about 120 as they...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Valerie H
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family has stayed here many times over the last 10 years. We love the close proximity to Mt. Bachelor as well as the Deschutes River Trail and you can't find a more peaceful location. The spa is spacious and clean. If you're expecting 5 star accommodations at a 2/3 star price - you should probably be realistic and stay somewhere else and pay accordingly. Doug, we truly appreciate your genuine hospitality and kindness each time we stay at the Entrada Lodge - don't change a thing (if you do, I know the price will have to go up!).
The Patrick's

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Brian P
Sunriver, Oregon
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Surprises me that hotels have gotten so expensive. This place is your basic place to sleep. It is clean and the gentleman at the front desk was quite pleasant. Is an older property that is showing its age, especially the paved surfaces. The free breakfast is quite minimal with instant oatmeal, coffee and small muffins and what appeared to be cinnamon rolls. Despite being close to the road, was quiet. Still, staying here WITH discount was $100.

Room Tip: Perhaps choosing one further back from the road would be quieter?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The rooms are inexpensive - there is a spa and a pool and dogs are allowed at $10 per night per dog. The property hasn't been updated in quite some time and while the furnishings aren't modern it is clean and comfortable. Outside of town just a ways but on the road to Bachelor there are usually rooms available at the last minute. The management is very nice - they opened the hot tub early for me when I wanted to use it and the last time we stayed they let us hang out late in the hot tub as long as we were quiet, put the cover on after we were done and locked the door. I will definitely stay here again when the situation warrants it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gabbyct
Carmel Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My son and I made a ski trip to Bend and stayed at the Entrada Lodge. It suited our needs just fine. The room was clean but dated and the location was great. Even though they say a continental breakfast is supplied don't bother. It is just a few pre-packaged pastries and instant oatmeal packs. We drove a couple miles into town for breakfast. There is a hot tub which looked inviting but we didn't bring shorts so we didn't use it...I wish I had. The beds were comfortable, the heater works really well, (too well when my son got up in the middle of the night and cranked it) and even though we were on the rode side, I didn't notice road noise. That rode dead ends at Mt. Bachelor in the winter so not a lot of traffic at night...can't comment on what the summer would be like.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family