“WORST HOTEL EVER!”

Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Florence, Oregon
“WORST HOTEL EVER!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family and I are avid hotel stayers. We travel and enjoy the whole hotel experience. Except for this one! We booked our room prior, and were charged at the time of booking. The day we arrived we were charged (pending charges) for the total due again. This was deducted from our available funds which would have been a big deal IF I hadn't planned to spend a lot already. The charges were not released for a full 8 days AFTER we checked out. But this is the least of our complain. Upon entering our room we noticed trash and crumbs scattered around the waste basket on the floor. We then noticed a heavy coat of dust on the cabinets and crumbs (again) in the drawers. An empty candy wrapper was left inside the nightstand. I ended up cleaning the bathroom myself with Lysol and baby wipes because it OBVIOUSLY had not been cleaned! The toilet was disgusting! The sheets....well, lets just say they stunk and leave it at that! Add in the very VERY thin walls and we were more than exhausted upon our leave and 5 hour drive home. We stayed a total of 4 days and it was absolutely awful. We will NEVER come back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Harmony K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Like dummies we did not make reservations ahead of time and had to hotel hop in Bend. We lucked out finding this place because someone cancelled. We thought it had character, rooms were super clean, spacious and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. After being in crowded Bend, the short drive from town was refreshing and I loved watching the chipmunks play in the front yard near the pool and jacuzzi. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Martinez, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I would give this hotel 3 1/2 stars if I could: better than average, but not quite 4 stars. The Entrada Lodge is located on the outskirts of town on the road to Mt. Bachelor. The host at reception was very helpful with directions to the center of town and restaurant recommendations. (This was my first trip to Bend.) I had a pet friendly room which was very spacious. Entrada Lodge has a large property with walking trails on the edge of the property - great for dog walking. They also have a nice swimming pool which was very welcome on the hot summer days.

I was disappointed in the continental breakfast - no protein at all, not even milk for the instant oatmeal. They did have some fresh fruit along with the sweet pastries.

I would agree with other reviewers that in some ways this appears to be a budget motel. The room is a bit dated, there are no screens on the windows, and there were few amenities (body lotion, etc.). However, the room was spacious, the AC worked well (I was there in the middle of a heat wave!), the TV worked well, and the pool was very nice. My room was quiet, and the bed was clean and comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynne L
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This property is very dated and needs to be revamped. It's in a pretty little area - I enjoyed a morning walk on an easy walking path. I don't recommend this property unless they update it. They advertised breakfast but that's a bit of a stretch - coffee, yoghurt and fruit. Front desk folks were nice and check in was smooth.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pam C

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Holladay, Utah
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Not so much for humans. The pros: pleasant staff, pleasant spa and pool, great place for the dogs to run around. The cons: smelly rooms, badly in need up updating, stained carpets and, upon our arrival, a chipmunk in our bed. Rustic only goes so far.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JLB2620
Lebanon, Oregon
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews prior to our stay, I had high hopes for this place. Sadly, they were not met.

First the good:
Staff was very nice.
Great location off the beaten path a little bit.
Hiking trails right off the grounds made for a nice morning jog.
The pool was large and went up to ft.

The bad:
This place needs a major upgrade. Most of the fixtures and furnishings are very outdated. Wood floors make it so that every foot step can be heard by your neighbor. Paper thin walls to the point I was up by 6 AM because my neighbor was and walking around opening and closing things and we could hear it all. The bathroom fan didn't seem to work to well, obvious because of the mold on the ceiling. Carpet was very old and dirty.
For some reason there were Best Western Hotel things in many places like our bathroom cups and info guide.
Only clock in room did not light up, had the wrong time and was on a table out of reach of either bed.
Breakfast was light. Weak coffee, some fruit, packed oatmeal and tiny pastries.
The grounds were not very clean. As you enter and head to your room via car, you are greeted with what looks like a garage sale in the back.

All this for about $120 a night for a two queen room. So much potential wasted on a lack of willingness to update what needs to be attended to. We will sadly not be staying again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael M
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend. Rooms were clean nice pool and spa and access to trails. Quiet off the road and dog friendly! Close to lakes hiking and shopping and you could splurge at Tetherow golf.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family