“excellent”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Bend
A TripAdvisor Member
“excellent”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

.the only thing that we can say that could be better is fhe breakfast food. It has been better in the past when we have sayed at this particular location. The food needs to be hotter and a little more to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Upon arrival key coder was broke so 2 people had to share one key-climate control uses a card system control that is confusing and unnecessary and the card protrudes out from the wall as you enter the room. The beds are supposed to be pillow top mattress build feel more like a hammock style bed-sags way to much.I think you could find better value for the dollar in Bend,Or

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Vicki B, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Yes you were correct that you arrived on the day our key card coder went down so we did have to go into our fail safe mode which made it a bit more challenging for our guests. I do sincerely apologize for that. I am also sorry that you were disappointed in our mattress, most people love them but not all and when we know we have a problem we do get right to it.
Estacada, Oregon
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The hotel is in a great location. The halls look older but room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Carpet was clean, bathrooms looked great. No complaints here at all!

Breakfast was large and ample. Wafles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Something for everyone.

The hotel always has coffee and tea available as well as cold water. The employees were all wonderful and helpful! We needed a microwave late at night for my daughters food and they gave us access. No questions. Free Hot cookies were available at 4:00-7:00 at the front desk and were very good!

The pool area was very clean! Even with the large number of people using it the night we were there, there were no towels or any cups or litter anywhere. The staff does a wonderful job!

The free WiFi is truly free (no catches) and high speed! No problems logging in, easy to maintain connection in the room, and it did not bog down with several users on the site at once.

Drawbacks... wheelchair users wanting to use the pool must go outside and around to a side door (which is locked). The path requires you to go in the parking lot where there is traffic which was a little nerve wracking with the traffic from the event next door. However, in daylight this was not a problem.

There is no elevator so be sure to tell them you have a wheelchair and NEED the main floor! Otherwise you cannot access your room. Seniors may want the first floor as well if stairs are difficult.

There were only two handicap parking spaces, which is an issue when you have a wheelchair lift on your van. With the seniors at the hotel it means we could not get parking (they truly needed it as well.) I know they meet code, but maybe add another 2 handicap spots (some for van only) to fix this.

The pool is "heated" but not warm. Everyone was alternating between the spa to warm up then getting back in the pool. Maybe they keep it warmer in winter (never thought to ask).

We WILL be back!

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family and I spend 6 nights at the hotel while visiting family in the Redmond/Bend area.
The place was clean, modern, and had a fantastic continental breakfast each day.
Coffee or tea 24 hours a day. Comfortable beds and a nice laundry room too.

Marina, California
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

Good indoor pool and hot tub. Decent breakfast. Cookies at 7pm. Nice staff-even upgraded me. Fridge and microwave. However I just can't escape the fact that the rooms are older and need updating. Good enough for me, my wife would prefer nicer. Feel I could have done much better for few dollars more.

• Stayed August 2012
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Spent $150 a night for a super 8 looking dark room in the basement with rocks for pillows. The hotel controlled the temp so it would not go below 75 at night. You could hear your neighbors getting up and showering. The minute we got into our room, we smelled something funny. Couldnt put our finger to it. After being in the room, the toilet starting plugging up every time you went to the bathroom. Got a plunger from the maid to take care of the problem. After lots of toilet issues, and water going into the sink area onto the carpet, I had enough. We were on our way to a soccer game, and I asked to have a new room by the time I got back. The front desk told me I had to drop everything and change room at that very moment despite the soccer game. Because they did not want to wait on me to rent out my current room! Yes, the room with all the toilet water onto the carpet!! Sure enough, when we got back to the hotel, some unfortunately guest got our old room! Wouldnt recommend it to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

My apologies that your stay did not meet expectations.