“I had a nice time at La Quinta Inn in Bend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Bend

La Quinta Inn Bend
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Medford, Oregon
“I had a nice time at La Quinta Inn in Bend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The staff was professional and courteous. I would stay at La Quinta again. Gina was very helpful and Mike too.Thank you. breakfast room was good and fully stocked every morning. Rooms were clean. Beds were very comfortable and pillows too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was one of three adults staying in a two- queen bedroom on the ground floor. The hotel is starting to look a little rundown overall, but the beds were very comfortable, and the room was neat and clean and everything worked in the bathroom. (I don't eat the "free breakfasts at any of these medium level nationwide hotel chains, so no comment there.) We did not use any other facilities. Checked in at 9 PM and left at 9 AM. Rate was $89. I happened to pick other member of our group at the Holiday Inn Express and liked the newness and the overall ambience by comparison, and he told me he was also paying $89. Next time, I will try HIX. (BTW, The Comfort Inn which is right next door to the HIX, and which i reviewed last year, has jacked their price up by 30%! [$125]) So, the La Quinta Inn is a reasonable option, but here's to doing slightly better next time.

Room Tip: I was on second floor (i.e., the ground floor!) at/near the midpoint.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pampa, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel was not at all like any LaQuinta hotels we have stayed at. LaQuintas are usually very good experiences for us, but not at this one. First, this hotel was very hard to find. The map on the LaQuinta website was terrible, no help at all. We called the hotel and talked with Jerri, who apologized and gave us better directions. She said a lot of people have problems finding the hotel. When you enter the motel office, you are greeted by a very strong chlorine smell (almost nauseating) from the pool, which is to your right. When we went to our room, we found out there was no elevator, although the website does not say this. We usually get an upper floor, so we were put on the third floor. However, it turned out not as bad as we thought it would be because the floor level is the second level, and therefore we only had one flight to go up. However, the website should say there is no elevator. We were told to use our room key card to turn the air condition on with. However, although the air ran all night, at 4 a.m., although it was set at 72 degrees, the temperature was 79 degrees. At 7:25 a.m., the temp was 75 degrees. The décor was old and drab. Carpet was very old. The bed was okay. Small sink and vanity. There were microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The tv was okay. My husband did enjoy the hot tub in the room. I did not go to breakfast because of the chlorine smell from the pool as the breakfast room is not that far away. My husband went to breakfast and he said the smell was definitely in the breakfast room. He said breakfast was just okay. I don't recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank francesamay2016
Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
My sincere apologies on your stay with us, I am not sure why the chlorine smell would be so high as we were just inspected and passed with flying colors. Again I am sorry we were not what you expected.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I just got off the phone with the front desk supervisor who was very accommodating to me.

I was attempting to schedule a business trip to Bend and made a reservation through my employer's travel service website. Ultimately, my schedule at the time wouldn't allow me to make it there, but the reservation was never properly cancelled either. About a month after the trip was supposed to happen, I got a bill on my credit card and I was quite distraught!

I called to see if i could get the charges reversed with the privision that I would rebook the stay later when my work schedule was more accommodating. The supervisor immediately refunded the fees and was gracious and curteous the entire time.

While I can't yet speak about the amenities, I can tell you if the service is any indication, this place it top-notch!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beaverton, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here, Love the rooms and the breakfast! The lobby area is also really nice. They have always had a really friendly and helpful staff. I will stay again when I visit Bend

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed with our 2 golden retrievers. This is a nice hotel with very friendly, helpful staff. Not fancy but all you need for a good night's rest. Good breakfast. We also really appreciated not getting burned with extra fees for our dogs. Nice outside pet area with grass, not the dirt area we usually find. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I traveled to Bend on October 12th with my parents just for one night to attend a party. We got an excellent price since we used some rewards points. The staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming. They had the fireplace on in the lobby. There was also coffee and ice water available. It was a nice relaxing atmosphere.

This hotel has no elevator and as far as we know they don't have any ADA rooms. We were very fortunate to be able to get a first floor room. If you are traveling with someone who has these needs, take this into consideration.

My only gripe was that there was no way to plug my cell phone charger in on the night stand like most hotels.

Breakfast was perfect. I made myself a waffle with peanut butter and syrup. It was just what I needed that morning!

This place is in walking distance to the outlet stores. Wal Mart is across the street. Fred Meyer and Starbucks were just up the road.

I would stay again.