“LaQuinta Inn Bend, OR - Stay Elsewhere”
Review of La Quinta Inn Bend

La Quinta Inn Bend
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Don't judge a book by its cover; this hotel looks decent from the outside and lobby, but my room was disgusting. There were dead bugs on the floor and stuck to the curtains, the toilet seat was old and faded, the bath tub had a ring of dirt in it, and it smelled like an old folks home. Very dissatisfied with my stay and the rate I was charged for these type of accommodations. I will not be retuning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am very sorry you were so upset, what I don't understand is why you did not come down immediately and let us know about the issues you had with the room. We would have been more than happy to fix the "issues" in that room or move you to a new room. That is certainly not what we want our guests to experience. We did check the room and though we can't validate all of your complaints we did check to see about them. We replaced the toilet seat and I can only say I am sorry that we did not catch that sooner, the ring around the tub is not actually a ring but a shadow because of the design of the tub, we have checked this in rooms before it is a shadow.
I wish when I checked you out you would have brought all of this to my attention, so I could have apologized in person to you.
Again La Quinta Inn, Bend OR offers you our sincere apology.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very clean, safe, but basic hotel. Staff was super friendly & helpful. Great location with lots of food & shopping options around it. The room had updated features but was a little small. Had to put the room key in the wall insert to get A/C & Heat to work - that was a little strange but understandable. I did not eat breakfast here although it was free. I took a look at it & it just didn't appeal to me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Room was clean and it was so nice to have a mini kitchen en suite. The bed was far more comfortable than expected for a mid-priced hotel. The free breakfast had several gluten-free options. Entire hotel appeared clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is old and dirty. We paid nearly 150.00 for a King room which was suppose to be a "executive suite". I had booked the room 2-3 months out so I got a better deal than what the walk in price would be. For the weekend we were there walk-ins were charged 189.00 per night. The bath fan was yellowed and made such a horrible sound each time you had to use it. The walk in shower was old school with a shower curtain. Water would get all over the floor even though there was a lip. The shower curtain kept falling off the rod and was not hung high enough. The room smelled. I used an entire can of Frabreez to try and get the smell away. Dog walk, potty area is right outside the back side of the hotel and when you look out your window, that is what you see. There is a definite urine smell near the side entrance by the dog walk. I had requested a no pet room but our room smelled of pet. This is a real problem for people who are allergic and are assuming if the are paying for a no pet room, that they would be getting just that. The hot tub was not working any of the 3 days we were there. Choices of food at the breakfast bar are very limited. This hotel was filled with kids who were in town for a Soccer tournament. So I suppose the value met their needs. But for someone on "vacation" this is not a hotel to have a pleasant experience at.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel. Nicely maintained, quiet clean neat nice room. The bed was VERY comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool.
Breakfast was included. We found it a great value and would surely return on our next trip to Bend.
One caution: for those who have trouble navigating stairs- need to be sure to book first floor room as the once negative is that there is no elevator to upper floors- although a little surprising for this quality of hotel- it did not bother us at all.
We

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a first floor room if you have trouble navigating stairs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I looked for pet friendly places to stay and this was on the top of my list. Firstly, I arrived about 7 p.m. and was told "no rooms in the entire town" as there was an event happening. Then, was told to check back later if there was a no show. I called back and they said come on back that there was a room. On the second floor. No elevators. Dirty carpets.
Okay, I could have dealt with that on a less than $100. per night room but they charged me almost $175.00 for one night. Nothing special about the room, dirty tape stuck to the carpet in my room. Hair dryer did not work. They do have a "fair" breakfast lay out for those wanting breakfast.

Room Tip: If you can't take stairs then find another hotel. There are no elevators here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Vicki B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am very sorry you were so disappointed, a quick phone call to the desk would have solved your hair dryer issue as the breaker had flipped and we could have fixed that in no time flat. I am guessing you pulled up the "dirty tape" as we looked everywhere in the room and could not find it. That would have not been necessary as we would have come and made that right also.
And yes we do not have an elevator so the only room we had was one on third floor which is one flight up and I am sorry the desk did not tell you no elevator when you called back and found a cancellation we usually are very good about that but obviously in this case we did fail.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a great Hotel!!! The employees were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Most of all the breakfast was AWESOME! It would have cost me $40 to $50 to feed my family that kind of a breakfast at a restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family