“We liked it”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The place had a nice old-fashioned motel charm, well maintained, good location, etc. They offered us a two-room suite, which was really the same size as a regular room but with a wall and door closing off a second room and a double instead of queen size bed. The second room would be OK for a couple of little kids, but my wife and I thought it was too small with one side of the bed up against the wall. But I still appreciated the offer of the two rooms and only wish I had noticed sooner the room and bed size.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We picked this place purely based on the price, and we were pleasantly surprised. The outside is nothing fancy but the rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. The location is pretty close to the old mill district. Though we had a car so driving into downtown etc was easy for us. Overall the hotel is nothing fancy but we would happily stay here again and I don't think you can beat it for the price!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bec7369
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I found the receptionist friendly and helpful, giving me detailed instructions on how to get downtown from the motel. The motel is situated on busy Third Street which has its share of hotels, motels, restaurants and other businesses. After a trip round deserted eastern Oregon, it felt as if I was driving in Manhattan.
The room was very clean and tidy. I liked the big padded cushions on the bed which meant you could more comfortably sit there watching the TV. Comfort was important to me to recover from the sunburn I'd got the day before at Crater Lake.
There is no breakfast here, but there's an ample choice of places nearby, including a cafe right across the street, where you can eat cheaply. This is one of the more comfortable budget hotels I've stayed in. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank levado656
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Staff was very friendly to begin with, and allowed early check-in. Because there was only one room already cleaned at the time we wanted to check in, we were given a room with an extra bed at the lower price. The room was clean and neat, and the bathroom was spotless. Microwave and refrigerator were a nice plus. We worried that we would hear the people next door, but we slept like babies! Our daughter was ill when we woke up and the staff very kindly allowed us to check out an hour late (we wanted to make sure we were able to travel with her). All in all, great value for the money!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Missy587
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed here for one night. I would rate this a very low 2 star motel. It is definately no frills and walls are a bit thin. It appeared that there were a couple rooms occupied with people "living" there. I would not stay here again opting to pay more for the Red Lion up the street.

Wireless internet was spotty as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frogmom1121
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Best hotel you will find for the price in town. The rooms are clean, large, and even have a big flat screen. Can't say enough about how nice the place is for such a small price.

Oh by the way even the front desk guy was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012
7  Thank snappyjo
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Booked reluctantly on priceline and boy was I impressed! For the price ($40), we could not have asked for more: clean, warm, quite and surprisingly well appointed rooms. The location was good, and the owners friendly. The decor was a little, ummm adventurous, but also added to the fun factor is you have an open mind about that stuff. We will book that place again next time we head back to Bend cause I don't think you can beat the value!

Room Tip: Use the "bid" feature on Priceline...I think i got the room for $33