“Kitschy Perfection”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Bend
St. Cloud, Minnesota
“Kitschy Perfection”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel's sign is a perfect emblem for the 50s-kitsch-meets-Bollywood decor of the rooms. The price is great, the rooms are clean, and the ambience is fantastic. The hotel is also located right in town. Eat at Pisano's Pizza if you get a chance. It's eight miles out of town but worth the drive if you like authentic Italian pizza.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
BALTIMORE
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The motel is right off of 20. Try to get a room toward the back to avoid road noise. The rooms with one bed are very small. They are okay for one person, but two would be a squeeze. Very nifty small fridges. Comfortable bed. Tiny bathroom. Just okay wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We followed the trip advisors' advice and booked a night at the Holiday Motel in Bend. The room was small but quaint, with a King sized bed, retro candy apple red fridge, freezer and coffee maker! Had two chairs, night tables, dresser, flat screen tv, small closet and bathroom with glass-block walled shower. Everything worked, the room and bathroom were neat clean and tidy. We had no complaints from the price, to the room, to the service. I think we had room 11:-) Regardless, in a tourist town where motel prices were quite high, we thought is was a little gem of a bargain and would/will stay there again when we return to the Bend area. Note, we were two older adults with no children or pets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TXFARR
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here June 18 based on Tripadvisor reviews and was disappointed. I don't dispute many of the good things said about Holiday Motel: clean, redecorated, flat-screenTV, comfortable bed. I did get a good night's sleep. And I did not particularly mind that the room was very small and over-furnished, as others have noted. My first concern was security - the room doors are very accessible to the busy street yet there is no chain-type interior lock for the door, just flimsy knob lock and deadbolt. Then what most put me off was the very poor tiling of the shower (Room #35, no glass block as mentioned by other guests). The tile edges were raw, not finished off, and the water did not drain properly because, it seemed, the shower floor was not sloped toward the drain. While investigating that issue I realized that the drain cover was loose and could be lifted off, exposing the open drain beneath. As I re-read other guest reviews it appears to me that people in larger rooms toward the back have happier experiences and I suspect that I received one of the lesser rooms (though the motel did not seem busy that night). I had made reservations here for my outgoing and return trips but after my night here I cancelled the return and will not stay here again. I would rate it closer to "you get what you pay for" than "great value."

Room Tip: Avoid room #35 and rooms toward the street generally. People who stay in larger rooms toward the ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SoloTravSac
California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My daughter, grand-son and I were looking for a hotel at the last minute. We stumbled on this little gem. The room with 2 queens was spacious and extremely clean. The propery was very well kept as well. The owner/manager was very gracious to some weary late night travelers. Thanks so much!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for one night with my mother and dog. We got an amazing seniors rate due to my mother ($65) and the pet fee was only $5!

The room was spacious and clean. However, we could hear the TV and conversations of the people next door.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting family in Bend. I love the road sign, it gives you a good indication of what the motel is going to be like. We had two queen beds, flat TV, mini fridge, microwave and a bathroom. The bathroom does not have a lot of storage to store your toiletries. We did not hear a single thing during our stay. This could be because we stayed on a Thursday and it wasn't packed but we didn't even hear traffic sounds. The bed was nice and comfy. It is located by grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance. Our wifi connection was very spotty, not a big deal for us. When we return to Bend we will be sure to stay here again.

1 Thank Tika P