We recently completed a 5-night stay at Mount Bachelor Village as a base for cross-country skiing in the adjacent mountains. In our research, we sought a self-catering option and convenience both to the city of Bend and Mount Bachelor.
After our phone booking, I was surprised to note we got a 1-bed condo and not a 2-bed option I thought we had made. As there was no company with us, it was not an issue.
I liked the low key management of the place and the resort is very quiet despite the spring break numbers visiting. The parking lot seemed to fill up over the weekend but there was no noise or crowding. The facility features an outdoor pool and hot tub and has tennis courts for the warmer seasons. We were able to stroll to the shops/streets and a nearby brew-pub in Bend.
The entire complex was immaculately maintained and really tidy. Our condo had a spectacular balcony/deck with hot-tub and view over the beautiful Deschutes river.
The condo itself was well-furnished, warm and well-maintained. There is a daily service to keep the place fresh which was a nice addition. The unit and bed/bedding were first class. An additional plus was the presence of a washer-dryer and pleasant gas-operated fireplace for the evenings.
A couple of drawbacks:
1. The units we stayed at are subdivided with 8 per building. As a consequence, there is some noise transmission from neighbours overhead and next door - not an issue when they are respectful (as in this case).
2. Our unit had a link door to the condo next door. TV sounds and conversations can be heard. Ideal if you have family groups staying and secure no doubt: it is something that should be disclosed at booking for those not comfortable with this arrangement.
3. The deck and hot-tub area are not 'private'. All decks are overlooked by neighbouring units: again, not a big deal if you are ok with that.
4. the pricing places it at the higher end of the spectrum when I compare to Sunriver Resort where an entire 2-3 bed private house can be rented for equivalent money. The latter - where I have stayed many times - is remote from the city of Bend however, if the city is part of your plans.
In all, our experience at Mt Bachelor Village resort was a very positive one, notwithstanding the comments above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Rentals and Overnight Accommodations, Resort Destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Mount Bachelor Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Bachelor Village Hotel Bend
- Mount Bachelor Village Bend