“great pool needs to be open later for adualts!”
Review of Days Inn Bend

Days Inn Bend
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Bend
kenai
“great pool needs to be open later for adualts!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is an older hotel. Well maintained in a great location super close to safeway 7 11 and downtown bend. Stairs are not in the best shape and steep not fun.
My husband and I came back here to visit tam. Previous visitors to bend will reconize this days inn as the old red lion south. Would deffinatly stay here again but hopefully then they will have later pool hours.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
washington state
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Staff was very nice even charged our new gos as our old one died coming into bend and the new one needed a computer to charge it. Helpful information on good eats. Location was perfect short distance from downtown, lots of food stops, and piglet butte. Clean room quiet We stayed 3 nights and used it as a starting point to get to a couple of places nearby. The only negative was the bathroom was a little dated with some bubbling paint and the last day the toilet developed a noise. There is an outdoor pool that we didn't use. A smoking and pet area that was a nice size grass yard area as well. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Richland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My recent stay at the Days Inn was horrific!!! I was traveling from California to home and only wanted a place to shower and lay my head for the night. Knowing that Days Inn aren't the top of the line Hotel, I specifically asked about the cleanliness and safety of the neighborhood. I was told that both were regarded highly, so I booked the room. Upon arriving, I noticed the neighborhood was a bit scetchy and the lobble smelt musty.

Upon my entrance into the room, I could smell the stench of mold and urine. I complained to management and told no other rooms were available and they've had no other complaints about that specific room. I was pretty much told to take it or leave it. And since my credit card information was already on file, I was stuck there.

While packing my items into the room (they had no cart for assistance) I noticed two police cars slowly cruising the narrow road along side it. My attention to the neighborhood peaked. The morning I woke up, I could hear a car with loud gangster rap. I looked out the window and a man was cruising the parking lot very slowly as if he were looking for something or someone. He then stopped only a couple rooms from my room and started reving his engine. After a few seconds of that, he then turned the music back up and squealed his tires out of there. Now I'm no expert in gangs, but that was quite suspicious to me.

I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Virginia P

Travellers are raving about these Bend hotels

Pasco
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Definitely not worth $160. Was the grossest/filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in and way overpriced. There were stains on the sheets and pillow cases, smelled musty, door didn't shut properly, rusted light fixtures in bathroom, and air return vent in the bathroom was filthy and packed with dust, and the bathroom had ants crawling around. Tall dried out weeds on the side of the hotel. Was not well maintained on the inside or the outside!!! Left at 6:15am as we couldn't wait to get out of there!!

Room Tip: If you know you are going to be staying over in Bend Oregon make reservations in advance at on of th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jill H
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2012

we chose this hotel because of the decent reviews. Perhaps the ones I looked at were old and outdated because this hotel is not decent. the whole place was filthy. The lobby, rooms, ice machine, etc. nothing was well kept. Our bathtub and toilet had hair on it! Plus... it is a non smoking hotel, so smokers stand outside their doorways and puff away.
Pros: great price, pool, fairly good breakfast
Cons: absolute filth. rooms are poorly ventilated

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank curlycrafter
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Average motel - probably a bargain for Bend. Don't look for the mountain views, but if you just need some place to sleep, the Bend Days Inn works. Only complaint was not the fault of the hotel. Neighbor's dog could hear the trains before we could and announced each one of them by howling - all night long. Overall, we were pleased and would stay here again. If you've never been to Central Oregon, you might want to spend a bit more and get closer to downtown or get closer to the Cascades.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building to put some distance between your room and the singing dog.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We drove down the strip (Third Street) in the evening, looking somewhat desperately for a shower and some rest after a long day mountain biking. After stopping at a few places and working down the price list ($150, $100, $75), we found that Days could give us a room for $66 including taxes, without a coupon or promotion. Tony at the front desk was probably the very best front desk man I've ever encountered and that is saying a lot, as I have stayed in hotels all over the USA and in several European countries, as well as in Africa. He was friendly (even though we were sweaty and covered in dirt), professional, and thorough. The simplest thing he did that I appreciated the most -- and never had anyone do before -- was let us know when he was off shift and who would be replacing him in case we needed help. Another nice thing was that when we arrived there were about a dozen teens frolicking in the pool and hot tub having a really nice time... but our room was silent. Very good soundproofing, and room-darkening curtains. Everything worked in the room and the room had everything, even a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, sofa, WIFI, cable TV, and bathtub. The room was quite clean, I thought. We slept like babies. When we woke in the morning the staff in the lobby/restaurant were also very nice, and the breakfast (though starchy as is typical of American hotel breakfasts) left us happy. It's no luxury hotel for sure, but I give it 5 stars because it's probably the best in its class in Bend. Would definitely stop in again. Thanks Tony!

Room Tip: Our room was right across from the pool and pretty near the lobby (room 205) and it was great. No co...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple