“Where did $50 go????”
Review of Super 8 Bend

Super 8 Bend
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My siblings and I took a trip to Oregon for a trip that we called, "A Celebration of Their Lives" because we lost both of our parents and wanted to do something uplifting to honor them. I called the Super 8 in Bend Oregon, booked two rooms and gave my credit card number to hold the rooms. I told the clerk that we would arrive very late and she said that was fine. One of my brothers went to check in with me and we were asked how we would pay for the rooms. He said he would charge the room he and our brother would share and I told her my sister and I would share the other room and I would pay cash since I did not want to charge anything on this trip. She said I'd have to pay a $50 deposit which I understood because I imagine there are some people who might skip out without paying, so, I gave her the $50. Now here was my mistake...since it was late and we were tired from a long days driving, I didn't not ask for a receipt nor did she offer one. The next morning when we went to check out I asked what the balance was that I owed. The new clerk said we were paid up. I explained that I owed a balance and she said they were charging it to the card I used when I booked the room. I explained the conversation that took place the night before and said I would not pay another $50. She called the other clerk who said she never got the $50. I said I didn't know what happened to the money and I wasn't accusing the clerk of pocketing it and I know things happen and things can get misplaced, but I still was not paying. I asked to talk with a manager and talked on the phone with an assistant mgr. who pretty much said I was lying because the night clerk had worked there a long time and wouldn't do anything dishonest. A very nice lady who was waiting to checkout spoke up and said she was told the same thing about the $50 deposit if the paid in cash. I then called the corporate office and explained the stiuation and was asked to pay the $50 and they would "check into it" and I would hear from them by the end of that week. Since it had already put us 30-40 minutes behind schedule and we wanted to continue with our trip I reluctantly paid it and left. A few days later I got an email from a manager at the motel who said she was sorry about the confusion at check-in AND wanted to "make sure I found the money I left at the motel" !!! I didn't not talk with her because I knew she still did not believe my story or even believed that her employee could have made a mistake. Well...this morning I heard from the corporate office and was told I would receive a check for the $50. When the manager won't believe that an employee could have misplaced a payment, made a mistake or whatever and pretty much called me a liar I would definitely NOT stay there again and if you do, you better make sure you ask for a receipt no matter how tired you are!!!

4  Thank Doris B

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hotel is clean and quiet. TV reception is not all it could be. Days Inn has much better breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ted G
Sup8, Manager at Super 8 Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our family to Oregon for a reunion and went on line to order a room at the Super 8 in Bend, OR. We were a little disappointed with our room when we arrived. However, when we spoke to Julie at the front desk, she went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with our accommodations! She kept a smile on her face and a "let me fix that for you" attitude! She is a jewel!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was very clean but the bed was too hard and very narrow. I had asked for a queen. If this was a queen it was on the small side. My husband and I were very crowded, always rolling into each other. We have a queen at home an never have this problem.d