“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Bend
La Grande, Oregon, United States
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice folks with decent prices and I have no complaints about this hotel... Nice place with good food. I love to visit Bend and if I go, I always try a new hotel. In this case, I would visit this one again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
It's such a pleasure to have hosted your recent visit to Bend, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Kyle. We're thrilled to hear that our site, services and cuisine left such a memorable impression on you, and we look forward to sharing more of this hospitality with you in visits to come. Please be sure to reach out the next time you're in the area; we're excited to host you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my first time in Bend, Oregon and the Riverhouse. I was not sure what to expect and after staying there I have mixed feelings. I liked the river rushing by the hotel, the room was clean and large and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant (Crossings) was ok, but the breakfasts were average and the lunch buffet a bit pricy for what was offered. Service was also mixed. My room "keys" stopped functioning several times and other people at the conference said they had the same problem (and no I did not store them near my cell phone). I will commend the young man who worked there who ran to the front desk, a building away and up a small hill, to get me new "keys". Encounters with other employees sometimes were positive but a few times rather unprofessional. Check-in took way too long, especially for a really jet lagged, tired customer. As a conference center, the relatively new conference center was very nice, but there seemed to be no one available to help with their AV system and we constantly had to figure out how to get power points to function on the in house projectors. The Keynote speaker had to cancel his presentation due to this problem.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that open to the parking lot, there is a sign asking people to park face-on as car exhau...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
While it was a pleasure to host your recent visit to Bend, we're sorry to hear that the visit was a mixed one for you. We pride ourselves on creating a seamless experience from start to finish, and we apologize for those bumps in the road of your stay. We would certainly welcome the opportunity to speak more with you regarding this visit, as feedback like yours enables us to improve and involve. In the meantime, we will certainly pass along your concerns in an effort to improve and grow, and we hope for the opportunity to showcase our evolution in your travels to come. Many thanks again for your time and review; we'd love to hear more from and to host you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I went to the ORLA conference at this hotel, and I was very impressed with the hotel. First, I loved that my room was "Motel" style where the outdoors is your hallway! It is a GREAT way to breath in the fresh Bend air! Having such a great view of the Desuchutes river is priceless,

Free breakfast, great staff, clean room! I will be back for business or pleasure!

Josh

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We're so happy to have made your business travel even more enjoyable, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Josh. As you've addressed, there's little that compares to the inviting, open air of our property, and it's a memorable experience to be able to immerse yourself so comfortably into the environment around us. We're thrilled to have been able to host your visit, and we hope that you'll reach out again soon the next time you visit the area. Thanks again for your time and review!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had never stayed here before and was pleasantly surprised how the property was kept. Very clean and can tell they are working toward keeping up with the competition. The only reason I am not rating this "excellent" is purely cosmetic - the outside hallways and stairwells need painting and perhaps new outdoor carpeting and I did not like the bathroom amenities - I'd rather have unopened soap and lotion containers instead of in refillable containers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
It's such a pleasure to have hosted your recent visit to Bend, and we thank you for taking the time to share your Riverhouse experience with us. With continued renovations and updates across our property, we hope that you'll reach out in future travels and that you'll share in our continued evolution. It's a pleasure to lend our hospitality to your travels, and we'd love to host you again! Many thanks for your time and review.
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

It's located right on the river and many of the rooms open up with the patio within 30' of it, it makes for a great place to relax. The bar has an outside area to eat that is right on the water too.

My first stay here was 1978 and for a long time not many areas were updated, but over the last ten years or so they've made many improvements and continue to do so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thanks for being a loyal Riverhouse guest and for taking the time to share the experience of your stays, George. It's such a pleasure to hear from long time guests like yourself, and we're thrilled that you've continued to enjoy our services as well as our recent and continued upgrades. We look forward to hearing more from you and to the opportunity of sharing our evolution for many years to come. Thanks again for your time and review!
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Things I liked:
The staff was very professional and attentive
The hotel room was large and comfortable
There was plenty of free parking
The onsite restaurant had good food but was slightly overpriced
Only a 10 min car ride to downtown.

Things I didn't like:
The whole hotel is outdated and hit it's prime 30 years ago
There was a lot of wear and tear
There was a lot of road noise our room making it hard to sleep
Nothing but chain stores nearby

I heard this place was beautiful and a great place to stay but not at all. I think it's ok at best.

1 Thank kathom86
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
It's a pleasure to have been able to host your stay in Bend, and we're happy to hear that the attentive services of our staff made for a memorable visit. We take huge pride in our team's dedicated hospitality, and we'll be certain to pass the kind words along on your behalf. With that, we'd like to assure you of continued renovations and upgrades our property that will only lend added beauty to your returning visits. We encourage you to reach out the next time you revisit our area; it would be a pleasure to host you again. Many thanks again for your time and review!
morro bay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Spa King room, shower head pathetic at providing water, should have been replaced decades ago. Buildings very run down, dry rot, doors well worn, carpet ancient, some doors not closing properly. Getting your room key to open door was a timing challenge, had to be just right, slow, but not to slow. We were booked for 3 nights and left after having stayed 1, train at 3am for the money not worth it.
Only positive, was river right out your back door, marvelous! Place needs work, tlc big time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RiverhouseHotelMgr, Manager at Riverhouse on the Deschutes, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am so disappointed we missed the mark during your stay and I apologies for that, I have instructed the staff to check all shower heads in Spa rooms; having a great shower is critical to an enjoyable stay at the Riverhouse. We just put a new Bedding package in many of our Spa rooms, and these have been well received. Every room has new carpet as well, and this project was finished in early August. Thanks also for pointing out some other opportunities within on our buildings; some of our property was built back in the early 70's and needs TLC on a regular basis, and we must strive to do better. Our Goals and standards are high, and we must address all Guest concerns immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other concerns, and I would welcome an opportunity to get you back to our property for a future stay. Thanks again for helping me improve our operation.