The lodge is billed as upscale. The room was very nice and well appointed. Good view of the Columbia River. The restaurant was a major disappointment, however. And there are not many other options in the immediate area. The breakfast menu provided a continental breakfast for $8.95. Guests received a $2.00 coupon, if they thought to ask for it. We had not but went to the front desk and got them. Thus the continental breakfast was $6.95. Most motels provide a breakfast at least as good as this as part of the room cost. Not here. The selection of pasties was limited to a few pieces of stale bread, a sad looking english muffin, and several bagels that looked like they had seen better days. There was a waffle maker, so we each had a waffle. My wife had a yogurt which didn't taste very good and she looked at the container and it had expired nine days before. The coffee was okay. In short, this was the worst continental breakfast we have ever had. Basically a waffle and a cup of coffee for $6.95. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our name implies, the River Lodge and Grill has an on-site restaurant where you can enjoy incomparable cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Windows and an open lodge style dining room provide an incredible view of the flowing Columbia River and Washington State to the north. Enjoy breakfast as you watch barges and river cruise sternwheelers silently float by, or dinner and refreshments lit by a fiery sunset over the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your River Lodge and Grill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Lodge And Grill Hotel Boardman
- River Hotel And Grill
- River Hotel Boardman
- River Lodge And Grill Boardman, Oregon