From the freeway, Boardman looks like a poor working town with older lodgings. The newest and nicest lodging is the River Lodge and Grill --out of sight on the shore of the Columbia River.
This property is only a few years old and is built in 'lodge style'. It has 49 rooms ( a couple are suites), has outdoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, small business center and meeting rooms. It is 2 story with elevator; we got an upper floor room to avoid possible overhead noise. Rooms that face the river cost an extra $10; other rooms face the parking lot. If possible, get the river view -- it is amazing.
Our 2 bed room was very large with both a table with 2 chairs and a desk and chair. Furnishings were in very good condition. Towels were large and soft. The sink outside of the bathroom was stainless steel (bar style) and there was a microwave, fridge, iron and hair dryer.
Restaurants are limited in Boardman; we ate meals at the Lodge and food was very good. Prices were slightly high, portions were nice sized, service was excellent and the restaurant is spacious with a wall of windows for viewing the river.
There is a small sand beach in front of the lodge and it is equipped with fire pit and wood, swings and volleyball net. There is also a paved walking path that goes along the river and passes between the lodge and the beach.
I beleive the riverview rooms rent for about $115; I got the government employee rate of $70 plus $10 for view so my cost was $80. I gave it a 4 out of 5 for value simply because the full price is pushing my budget but it's worth a splurge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our name implies, the River Lodge and Grill has an on-site restaurant where you can enjoy incomparable cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Windows and an open lodge style dining room provide an incredible view of the flowing Columbia River and Washington State to the north. Enjoy breakfast as you watch barges and river cruise sternwheelers silently float by, or dinner and refreshments lit by a fiery sunset over the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your River Lodge and Grill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Lodge And Grill Hotel Boardman
- River Hotel And Grill
- River Hotel Boardman
- River Lodge And Grill Boardman, Oregon