“Wonderful breakfast”

Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canby, Oregon, United States
“Wonderful breakfast”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stopped by for breakfast and had a very pleasant meal. The salmon hash was delicious, though the eggs were a little over poached. My husband had the chicken fried steak which was also very tasty. We both had biscuits which were crispy outside and fluffy inside. Portions were large.Service was very good and we enjoyed the view of the falls. Looking forward to returning in the future to try lunch or one of the scrumptious sounding desserts.

• Visited March 2014
Mark D, Manager at Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi, Barbara! Thank you for sharing your review. I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband had a nice meal with us. You can't beat those beautiful falls, right? The next time you hike in our area, we hope to see you again.

Glasgow
“We Use To LOVE This Place....”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I have enjoyed this place on different occasions. We came in on 2-23-14 for their brunch and was really disappointed!!!! First of all, I want to say that the servers are awesome!! The view is amazing, the prices in the gift shop was very reasonable and the coffee is the best. That being said, the food was NOT impressive at all. I hate paying $22.50 each for a meal that was not even average. The food was not even hot. Many items were barely warm. It was really disappointing. The bacon was chewy and not crisp, the sausage was over cooked, the potatoes were not crispy, they were more mushy. The cinnamon rolls were cold and hard. the fish smell about knocked you out. The selection was limited. It consisted of more sweets than Anything. That really surprised us that the fruits were minimum and the sweets were predominately the foods set out. The carved meat was roast beef and it was so rare it was cold. There was nothing in this brunch worth $22.50 each. Like I said, we have eaten here before and ordered off the menu and it was great. But we would NOT recommend the over priced under selection Sunday Brunch. Sorry.....

• Visited February 2014
Multnomah F, Manager at Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I apologize that our brunch disappointed, Sheri. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It sounds like the cooking was off for the buffet, which is unacceptable. You mentioned that your server took great care of you — if there's ever an issue, please don't hesitate to mention it to us. We'd want to check in with the kitchen right away. Your feedback will not go unheard — this is certainly something that I'll chat with the team about. As you know, this is not our usual standard. I'm glad that other visits have impressed, and we hope you allow us the chance to welcome you and your husband back in for another meal.

Nathaniel, Restaurant Manager
Wheeler, Oregon
“Very good”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My beau took me on a wonderful trip up the Columbia River Gorge. We stopped at Multnomah Falls wayside. I had no idea he had made reservations at the restaurant, it was a great surprise for me for Valentines Day. I was pleasantly surprised! The Lodge was constructed from stone and old timbers. And we had a view of the falls from a glass ceiling in the restaurant. It was truly awesome. Our server was so professional and accommodating. Everyone there was friendly, and the waterfalls speak for themselves and their wonderous natural beauty. Don't pass it by as I have for so many past years...it is well worth the stop.

• Visited February 2014
Multnomah F, Manager at Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
What a nice day date, Lorri! That's a wonderful Valentine's Day surprise. I'm so glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your meal. You can't beat those views, right? It sounds like our team took great care of you, as well. The next time you drive by, be sure to stop in! We'd love to have you back.

Nathaniel, Restaurant Manager
Ridgefield
“Disappointing at best”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We've had dinner at the lodge many times over the past 20 years and always enjoyed their prime rib. Last night was like it was a different place. We arrived early and there was only one table occupied so we assumed service would be good. We were seated and 15 minutes later no one had come to take our order. My husband had to go out and find the waitress. Meanwhile we sat at a table with no tablecloth and no cloth napkins and no salad fork. They've always been there before. Eventually our salad arrived, but no bread that's usually been served with it. When our meal arrived all was okay until we started to eat. The prime rib was well-done though ordered rare and it tasted as though it had been sitting in a bucket of tenderizer for days and wasn't hot. The potatoes were old and dried out and the broccoli was cold. The good news was that we hadn't embarrassed ourselves by taking friends with us.

• Visited February 2014
Multnomah F, Manager at Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
As you can imagine, I'm very disappointed to read about your experience. This is certainly not the standard that we hold ourselves to, and I apologize that after 20 years of great visits, we fell short this time. Waiting 15 minutes for your server is inexcusable. I wish we would have had the chance to chat about this and your prime rib when you were in. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear about your dinner, because we pride ourselves in only cooking the freshest ingredients. I will certainly check in with the service and kitchen team about this.

The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left. I hope you'll allow us another chance to give you the meal that you've come to expect.

Take care,
Phoenix, Arizona
“pretty view”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The view out of the windows in perfect to take a date or loved one. The lunch menu was perfect for the weather. food was good and the service was also pretty good.

• Visited January 2014
Multnomah F, Manager at Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit, Greg. Our views make for the perfect date night, right? Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The next time you visit Oregon, we'd love to welcome you back in!

Take care,