“Clean, nice view”

and 1 more site!
Spindrift Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We enjoyed our time at Spindrift. The management was very nice and gave us the room with the best view of the ocean where we got to see the sunset and deer grazing across the parking lot. The rooms were very clean and updated. We are going back to Oregon in a couple of days for business and have made reservations to stay there again, in the same room. Very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Room 245 has a lovely view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Spindrift Motor Inn

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Right off highway..was very quiet..was older but clean..manager very nice..close to restaurants...great value for price..felt very safe there...no breakfast. Close to ocean. Will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I found the Spindrift to be a pleasant surprise after staying at several overpriced, run down motels. The room was clean and well maintained. I have paid more for rooms without microwave, refrigerator, or coffee maker. The management was courteous and very helpful with all my questions about the area. I would certainly recommend the Spindrift Motor Inn to anyone looking for reasonably priced, comfortable lodging near the beach and downtown. I know I will be back the next time I visit the Southern Oregon Coast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We had a great nights sleep at the Spindrift Motor Inn. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the shower was nice and hot! The owner was very hospitable and we were hooked up with everything and more then what we needed. After waking up to a beautiful view of the ocean we new we found a great place for a great price.

Room Tip: We would stay here again in the future....:) Great place. Great service. Great price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is the most unprofessional place of business I have EVER encountered! I called Sunday 2/10/2013 to ask why my credit card had been charged for a 2 night stay (as i was NEVER told, that I needed to cancel 24 hours in advance! and was also told after specifically asking "my card will not be charged until i arrive, correct? The motel staff then states, that is correct". The owner calls me back that same day and after not getting in a word edgewise says "ma'am, I will refund your money back to your credit card on Tuesday the 12 of February, as Monday is a holiday. After listening to him rant about how I (THE CUSTOMER), is wrong, HE HANGS UP ON ME! So I wait a few days, and believe that the owner of the business will keep his word, I check my bank statement this morning and see that only 1 day has been refunded. I make a phone call and am told that he will call me back as he was not there. Awaiting his call, I politely answer and yet again he starts off telling me how incorrect I am and that he has reviewed the phone conversation (which im sure it was not recorded) and went over the hotel staff's notes and states that she told me that I had to cancel etc... Still waiting to get the chance to speak, he hangs up on me-AGAIN. As a customer I have the right to listen to the (so called) phone recording, and if in deed she stated that to me I would go about my business and not worry about the 66.00 to be refunded. The funniest thing of this all is that he was SO UNPROFESSIONAL, AND IF THIS IS HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY FIND ANOTHER PROFESSION! I will be contacting the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IMMEDIATELY! All of this over not returning 66.00 as I was promised, I suppose this is why this hotel has a poor rating... Sincerely, Lindsey

Room Tip: ya, another hotel! this place is horrible
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lindsey a
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I've been staying here for about 23 years, generally in the winter for my steelhead fishing trips. I've always found the place to be clean and reasonably priced. While the management has changed over the 23-year period, they've always had good people. The motel has been maintained very well. If any problem does occur, they've been very responsive and solved the problem. The problems, such as needing additional towels, have been minor. The management is very friendly and remembers me from prior visits. The location is excellent as there are many restaurants nearby. I will continue to stay there in the future.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or restaurant attached to the motel. There are a variety of room styles.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Older hotel but clean and well maintained. Michael and Myrtle, the managers, know what customer service is all about. Offered extra pillows and blankets. Nice view of the ocean from our room. Great price. Some road noise but overall quiet. You might want to ask for a back room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge
Ocean View Inn & Suites
Ocean View Inn & Suites
#2 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!