“Enjoyed my stay”

Spindrift Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Riding down the US 101 in Oregon and needed a place to stay. This hotel was an excellent choice. Its very clean and spacious at a great price. The hotel wifi was very fast. Although he is a Raiders fan, the owner is a real people person and the hotel's excellent customer service is a direct reflection of that. The hotel is really close to restaurants and bars in town. There's a small view of the ocean from some of the rooms. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here and if ever we are in Brookings we will definitely stay here again. Go Niners!

Room Tip: Hotel is a little older and made of wood so staying on the 2nd floor may limit noise heard overhead...

Reviewed 17 July 2014

we had a great stay here with our kids. our companions had a dog but we had a non pet room and it was very nice and clean. They have a large grassy area for the kids to play and the dogs to run and that recreation area overlooks the ocean. Lovely sunset views. Great service and very nice owners.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The motel has great rooms very clean an quiet,and has a very nice grass area for my pets.I have been coming here for over a year,me an my husband got married at the beach here last year,we had family members who stayed at the motel,they went out of there way to help make ower day special.when.we come over to the coast this is were we stay an send ower friends.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place totally creeped me out. This was the ONLY place in Brookings that had a room left so we took it -- unfortunately. Although I'm sure they would deny it, I think they have bed bugs. I woke to tiny red cluster bite marks on my left bicep and forearm. Then, when I used the bathroom, I saw a tiny red-brown bug crawling up the door. What does this sound like to you?! What else could it be?! Plus the bathroom smells old and musty and the window needs to be left open -- for forever. And if you get a room on the 1st floor, don't be shocked if your room key starts with a number 2. WHAT?! 1st floor, starts with a 2?! DUH! Check out is at 11AM, not Noon (like everyplace else) which turned out OK I guess because I could not wait to get out of there. Michael runs this place like a military camp. "When you leave at 11 AM sharp, be sure to open the drapes and leave the keys laying in front of the TV so we know you've left." Obviously, this makes it easier for the maids. I'm sorry...I thought WE were the guests. (Funny -- I thought they were supposed to make things easier for the GUESTS, not him. Guess I was wrong.) Anyway, we spent a week in OR and WA and this was absolutely the worst place we stayed. Clean but old and musty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Eldrich M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is great from the time you check in to the time you check out. The room is very clean and looks updated. Had a great nights sleep. Very quiet at night. The road traffic is just a buzz in the background. Walked across the street and had a great dinner then walked down to the water from the hotel for a spectacle sunset. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I made reservations with a dog Myrtle advised me that the room would be at the far end near the field to walk dogs. I asked about early check-in about noon and she said she would make a note and try not to rent the room the night before. I called her upon arrival in Brookings about 10am and asked about early check in. She told me check in was 3pm and she did not recall saying anything about early check-in, but she could call me when our room was available. She did call about noon and said it was ready. Upon arrival we pulled into a parking space near the lobby which was on a hill and I had difficulty getting out as it was a slope down and I have bad knees. I checked in at the lobby and she gave us a room 2 doors down from the lobby and right in front of these sloping parking spots and close to the street. While we were checking in her husband called her and said we had to move our truck and said he didn't want to be a "butt head" but it was sticking out too much. I asked about the room she had promised near the end closer to grassy area and she said she did not say that. After we unpacked the car and my husband moved the truck to a level spot so both of us could get in with the dog more safely, Michael hollered that he had to move it from where he parked. Well at that point we said we would leave and proceeded to pack up and they Voided the credit card charges. He said good riddance. This was Jul 4 and we planned to stay 5 nights. He said we were out of luck to find a place and stood in front of the motel on the street to be sure we left. Fortunately for us, he did us a favor as we found a lovely cottage in Gold Beach and the hosts were fabulous and fed us gourmet meals for about $25.00 more than we would have paid them.

Room Tip: Do not take a room near the office - the road noise is bad,
5  Thank vkayinno
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Micheal and Myrtle are the best hosts the rooms are always clean quiet they are very concerned with the guest experience they are friendly and will accommodate all your needs we will not stay any where else when we go to the coast they are the best

Room Tip: call them direct
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
#1 of 8 in Gold Beach
Ireland's Rustic Lodges
Ireland's Rustic Lodges
#3 of 8 in Gold Beach

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!