“Pretty setting for an outdoor concert”
Review of Azalea Park

Azalea Park
Ranked #3 of 21 things to do in Brookings
More attraction details
Owner description: Restored by the city of Brookings, this park boasts 1,100 azaleas and some rhododendrons.
Crescent City, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Pretty setting for an outdoor concert”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We used to live in Brookings and have attended many concerts outdoors sitting on the hill above the band shelter. The park is well maintained and peaceful.
We also have attended the Holiday Light Festival in the Winter and enjoyed that also.
This park is a lovely asset to the community.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kristina A

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Brookings Gem”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I discovered this nice in-town park when I attended one of the summer concerts with my dog in tow. The bandshell provided a backdrop for the musicians and the acoustics were great. This park has a playground, trails, athletic fields, picnic tables, and a gazebo that overlooks the lawn area. The beautiful Capella by the Sea offers a serene place with beautiful views to spend a thoughtful moment. The Capella by the Sea can be reserved for ceremonies such as weddings. There are annual festivals, free monthly concerts during the summer and the Festival of Lights during the holiday season. This park is a great place to picnic and enjoy time with friends and family.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Soozesun
Brookings, Oregon
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The chapel there is beautiful”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Lovely flowers and statues, an outdoor stage for summer concerts and a chapel. A nice large wooden playground. Walking paths throughout the park, in a nice area.

1 Thank denwil1
Sherwood, or
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Christmas Lights”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was our second Christmas Vacation to the Southern Oregon Coast and our second visit to see the lights...the community spends a lot of time putting on this display and it is a worthwhile stop. Make sure that you purchase the 3-D glasses; it adds to the experience.

BTW...the park is adorable, adorned with a charming rustic chapel overlooking the sea. Although we've only been in the winter and only seen the lights, I am sure that when the azalea's are in bloom it is absolutely stunning!

1 Thank LF2011
Brookings, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“was kicked out for walking my lab dog, by a fake cop”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was previewing the lights last xmas before my grandkids arrived and a man screamed and told me dogs were not allowed. I thought he was a policeman, then I thought he was a plain clothes security agent, so I left but found out dogs were not banned, so I just was discriminated against.
When I asked his name and he said "Frank" I realized he wasn't a cop, but I left and my grandkids never got to see the lights

1 Thank Sweetman D