“must have gone on a bad day?”
Review of Azalea Park

Azalea Park
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Brookings
More attraction details
Owner description: Restored by the city of Brookings, this park boasts 1,100 azaleas and some rhododendrons.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“must have gone on a bad day?”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The park itself was quite nice but there were a lot of drunk people that were hanging out the by the play area. Maybe homeless? They creeped out my kids so we left after just a few minutes. The other parts of the park were pretty though.

Visited August 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Great Park”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from a free concert in Azalea Park. Sponsored by businesses around town each summer they provide a free concert series in the park on Sunday afternoons. In addition to the concerts there is a wonderful playground area for the children. Often you will see families playing in the park and it is a great place to have a birthday party.

Visited August 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Azalea Park ~ A Must See!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our first visit to Azalea Park, but it won't be our last. I regret being unable to give it a better rating, but here are my reasons: 1) We visited in the 3rd weekend in July, & the azaleas were all gone but a few very withered ones. 2) I'm disabled & only had my walker, so was unable to walk very far, but I greatly appreciate that this lovely park is VERY HANDICAP FRIENDLY, with very smoothly paved walkways. Next time we visit (& there WILL be a next time), I'll be sure to bring my wheelchair along so I can see it all, & now that I know there are picnic tables, we'll probably grab some lunch somewhere to enjoy here as well.
Our daughter went up to the Chapella & took some lovely pics, so at least we know something of what it looks like. Next time we come it will be in the Spring, we may even come for a time of prayer on or around Easter Sunday. I also hope we can bring our furbabies along to enjoy this lovely park too, & hope we don't run into "officer Frank" that one reviewer mentioned. If we do I'm sure I will be calling the Brookings police dept. post haste! I really appreciate some other reviewers who mentioned the Christmas light show, because I would love to see that too some day. I look forward to a return visit in Spring of 2015, & can hopefully give this lovely park a higher rating. Meanwhile, I highly recommend this park as a lovely place to visit year-round, & encourage everyone to stop by & enjoy a nice peaceful place to rest, picnic & spend some "quality time", whether alone or with others.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gina M
Lahaina, HI
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Charming, great place glad we went”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Thanks to the community and the local Rotary for keeping this wonderful gem of a park. We loved it! Make sure you go!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank GoodTimeBillyPeaches
Grants Pass, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“All the Azalea had already finished their blooming and most were dead.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The little chapel in the park is a very nice spot the rest and we had a pray time. The chapel was built in such a way it was good and the windows that faced the water was an outstanding.

Visited May 2014