“Best seafood in town!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited this amazing resturant this past weekend and we were thrilled that we finally found a good "fish & chip" restaurant in brookings! The staff was so friendly. Prices are fair and the owners are amazing. The kids meals came with a little prize at the end. The clam chowder was too die for!!! The owners even packed us a little package with a dessert and little champagne bottles! We ended up going back the next day for lunch. The oyster po boy is the best I've ever had! We will be going back next time we are in town!

There are newer reviews for Sporthaven Marina Bar And Grill

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This restaurant is a hidden jem at Brookings harbor. After having awful chowder last night at Sebastions we thought we'd try Sporthaven's. It did not disappoint. The chowder is made fresh daily and was delicious. Fish tacos were the best I've had and the beer is ice cold. This is not a "diet" food place...most things are fried but not greasy. Try it! You'll like it!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We came to Brookings for our 19th anniversary and were disappointed in lack of good places to eat or get seafood. Then we found this hidden gem! Our server, Trish was a delight which made it all the better. Food was amazing! I was delighted I could get grilled cod and it was so flavorful had to come back the next day. We met the owner, Cindy, who was so kind, felt like we'd known her forever. Don't miss out on this place!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Great-
We stopped by the first night we stayed in Brookings.
-We ordered the large variety plate of seafood (breaded shrimp, shrimp scampi, breaded fish, clam chowder etc.). Everything was fresh & cooked to order. Nothing was soggy.
-Service was awesome! Our waitress was Kandy. She was very helpful and attentive to our needs. We never had to ask for anything. She checked on us many times even though the place was really busy! All the waitresses were quick to clean tables as new guests arrived. When we left the owner asked us how our food/visit was for the evening.
-The restaurant & bathrooms were very clean.
-There is also a gift shop (in the front of the restaurant) & bar in the (middle of the restaurant).

Not so great..
We can't think of anything except they close at 6pm so make sure you go early. We went on a Thursday evening about 5:15. It was late but all the food was still prepared well.

If we lived in Brookings we would eat here often. I don't know why this place hasn't been rated better on TA. I'm giving it 5 dots!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We ha Sunday lunch here after the boys went deep sea fishing and I must say we we're very happy with everything. We all had something different off the menu and it met if not exceeded expectations. We will be back for another visit.