“So much more than chowder and fried fish!”

Sporthaven Marina Bar And Grill
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have watched the incredible metamorphosis of this restaurant . The new owners, Howard and Cindy have so greatly influenced the atmosphere, the service, and the menu. We enjoyed the barbecued chicken and ribs tonight . They were tasty, succulent, and so very good. One can chose to dine indoors or out. Enjoy the view of the boats and the river. The desserts and malts and milkshakes are wonderful as well. The calamari steak is the best I've ever eaten in any restaurant.. From smoked barbecue ribs, chicken, generous sandwiches, superb chowder and good old fashioned fried fish and shrimp... This establishment can't be beat! Get ready for lots of hugs and pleasant greetings. The owners are sincerely loving and caring. The staff is super. It is so good to see a business flourish and grow to new heights in Brookings. John Arrijuria

There are newer reviews for Sporthaven Marina Bar And Grill

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. The restaurant is clean and staff is super friendly. I ordered crab cakes and the order got burned so I was given a free bowl of clam chowder. It was excellent, the best clam chowder I have ever had, creamy, lots of clams and a few bites of sand (that makes the clam chowder authentic). The crab cakes were tasty but a little rubbery. My husband had fish and chips and was not a fan. We sat on the outside deck and it was very relaxing.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited this amazing resturant this past weekend and we were thrilled that we finally found a good "fish & chip" restaurant in brookings! The staff was so friendly. Prices are fair and the owners are amazing. The kids meals came with a little prize at the end. The clam chowder was too die for!!! The owners even packed us a little package with a dessert and little champagne bottles! We ended up going back the next day for lunch. The oyster po boy is the best I've ever had! We will be going back next time we are in town!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This restaurant is a hidden jem at Brookings harbor. After having awful chowder last night at Sebastions we thought we'd try Sporthaven's. It did not disappoint. The chowder is made fresh daily and was delicious. Fish tacos were the best I've had and the beer is ice cold. This is not a "diet" food place...most things are fried but not greasy. Try it! You'll like it!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We came to Brookings for our 19th anniversary and were disappointed in lack of good places to eat or get seafood. Then we found this hidden gem! Our server, Trish was a delight which made it all the better. Food was amazing! I was delighted I could get grilled cod and it was so flavorful had to come back the next day. We met the owner, Cindy, who was so kind, felt like we'd known her forever. Don't miss out on this place!