“I didn't like the food”

Pancho's Restaurante Y Cantina
Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It's a cute place, but, the meat they used was poor quality. We could barely chew it. Everyones taste in Mexican food is different. We go to Gold Beach to eat Mexican at Playa Del Sol. Worth the drive.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I love Mexican food and we always search out the recommended places wherever we go. I was really looking forward to some chicken enchiladas. We ordered the lunch special, me the enchiladas and my hubby a chimichanga. Food was OK, but hubby found a STONE in his beans about half the size of a marble. It's VERY fortunate he didn't bite into it which could have been disastrous. He called over our waitress, pointed to the stone and explained he'd just found it in his beans. She kind of stood there for a moment just looking at us and then said "gee, I'll have to tell the kitchen to look over the beans more carefully". That was it, no apology, no offer to comp his meal or at least his beer. We realize these things happen, but frankly I would have expected SOME kind of adjustment. We won't be back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were hoping for good Mexican food after reading the reviews. From the salsa to the lunch specials, the food was ordinary. I wouldn't go back even if I lived in Brookings. The waiter was not that friendly - usually we get a good response when we speak and order in Spanish, but not here. We lived in Mexico for several years and enjoy good Mexican food. You won't find it here. Adequate, not special, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I absolutely love the Chicken Fajita Tacos at Panchos! They are very flavorful and have a natural sweetness from all the onions and spices, and best of all, they are reasonably priced. This is also one of the few Mex. restaurants in town where they will give you whole beans instead of refried beans if requested. Panchos has outdoor seating where we we can bring our dogs, or if we just want to eat at home, we will call in an order and pick it up. They have a little pick-up window for convenience. Pancho's also has a full bar where they make fantastic Margaritas.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Since I decided to make the trek 30 minute trek to Pancho's not once but twice this weekend, I figured it was time to make a review. I have eaten here conservatively 75 times, sometimes with the fam, others for date night with my husband, and some to go. It is rare that I have a problem there, my biggest issue is usually that the place is busy, if you consider that a problem. The menu is diverse, including standard Mexican offerings with soups, seafood dishes, and some American fare like corn dogs and cheeseburgers for picky children or adults for that matter. Their lunch specials are killer, most are $4.95, and are valid even on weekends. They have a happy hour from 3-6 where you can score a margarita for just over $2. Their portions are generous, enough for leftovers, and always taste fresh and hot. My favorite lunch special is two carnitas tacos with rice and beans, dinner is chicken fajitas, and drink is their strawberry margarita. I have celiac disease and have never ever gotten sick from eating here, a thing I cannot say for many places. My husband is a die hard pollo alla crema fan, a chicken dish with onions and mushrooms in a flavorful cream sauce served with rice, beans, and tortillas. We are happy to make the trip from Crescent City just for a lunch or dinner there. The kids beg to go, and my husband and I are happy to have a place where every member of our family can find something they love on the menu.