“Great Neighborhood Spot for Food & Small Batch Vodka”

Superfly Martini Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Brookings
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Fun place where "everybody knows your name" and all the servers & tenders are enthusiastic & aiming to please. Try the roasted garlic hummus & seared Asian tuna appetizer. All good.

1  Thank janetjackson1023

Reviewed 18 April 2014

we (four of us) found this place to be very average..service was decent ....food was adequate........

1  Thank gamalon2
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Rick Steve's is right.
If you want to know where to eat in any city, ask a local.
I was devastated that my other favorite Brookings eatery [ Cafe Kitanishi] was not going to be open the days my son and I were in town.
However, while visiting the best consignment store north of Los Angeles, LOVE ME 2 TIMES, I asked the owner where she liked to eat.
Her immediate recommendation: SUPERFLY.
She told me about its extremely casual atmosphere and that the prices for the types of foods offered were unbelievably reasonable.
Right on!
When I saw the menu [see photo], I was so surprised by the prices for such original foods that my son and I each ordered two entrees.
The portions were generous.
The service was great.
The atmosphere was family friendly [despite the gigantic bar in the room adjacent to the dining area].
The "star" for me was the Yellowtail Tuna dish.
FANTASTIC.
We got the JAWS TACOS because my son had pet a live shark at the Crescent City Aquarium, earlier in the day, and we thought it would be ironic to end the day by eating one...actually, now that I have written that idea down...it seems a bit mean spirited.
Shark is not a particularly delicious meat, but the taco sauce made it more tolerable. I thought the corn tortillas might have enhanced the dryness of the shark by being slightly softened while cooked in olive oil...and sprinkled with a dash of salt, but that's just a suggestion for the kindly chef.
My teenage boy enjoyed the pull-pork sandwich, and I gobbled the innards of the CHICKEN BACON TATERS burrito [ the flour tortilla wrapping just did not seem that appealing to me at the time].
We finished our meal off with a piece of cheesecake and scoop of ice cream X 2...and our bill was under $60!
4 entrees and 2 desserts for under $60 with plates filled to capacity...!
That's great value!

2  Thank bre_cregor
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stopped here for lunch I gobbled up a huge 5 star bacon burger, and wife had the thresher shark tacos she liked but felt the shark was kinda bland but wasn't bad with the sauces looked very nice healthy helpings they DO NOT Short you on food that we concluded as all the portions were perfect "goldilocks" I like to say. Our waitress was very polite and on the ball very happy with service , nice atmosphere big flat screen with the game playing our only complaint, and the reason for the 4 star and not 5 is we didn't really care for the French fries they were kinda small, weirdly dark in appearance and most were cooked far to crunchy like rock hard on most and carried a bit of a burnt fryer smell , would like to see fresher looking fries and just tastier all around they just don't belong with the meal it seemed everything looked so great then you got these little runty looking smelly hard fries ruining the beautiful presentation .. Fix the fry situation and I'm going 5 stars all day long for this place !!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Well with the name Super Fly it may cause you to hesitate...DO NOT! We love this place and have never had a bad meal. The burger is great, they do change menu by the season but the burger stays year round. We have enjoyed each menu change and price is great. The noise level is high but fun noise but who cares we are there to enjoy the food and we always do.....