“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pebble Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Driving in the first thing you see is an island green surrounded by deer. I was welcomed at the door by a guy named Marty. He gave me a quick heads up about the course and away i went ,its very tight and changeling . the greens are a little dry but you could tell they working on them other than that the course was in good shape I cant wait to go back and play it again. It should be stop and play for every golfer driving on 101> "Bring extra balls" its tough .

Visited August 2012
1 Thank mike g

newportbeach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst golf in oregon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Greens are dying fairways are uneven and you should not waste your'e money.!!!!!! I did enjoy the wildlife and the views . I asked why the fairways looked so bad and was told volunteers cut them. I was also told the greens always die in the summer do to water problems. The staff was helpful and pleasant , but the course was in bad shape !!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank chris j
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unbelievable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Our traveling golf club played Salmon Run mid-week and it was great. For the most part, the course is in great shape. Those concrete cart paths are only for the brave though! My goodness, there were times I thought the cart would never stop! Guess that adds to the fun of the course. I would like to see SR paint their tee markers, aka 'rocks' brighter colors. Some of the holes were really hard to distinguish. Other than that, it's a lovely course.

Visited July 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Play during dry weather”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We played here, carts are mandatory unless you are an Olympian athlete. Very hilly with lots of narrow fairways, water everywhere and deer grazing and not concerned with your drives...

This is a beautiful course but the fairways are wet and downright soggy in many places where an iron shot will get you muddy if you "divet". I love this course and will return to it again and again. It is cheap with a cart and a whole lot of fun. There is one "mountain top" tee box where you can unload a very long drive but for the most part you are measuring your drives not so much for distance but for accuracy and position. Take lots of balls...

Visited June 2012
Eugene, Oregon
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

After reading the reviews we were excited to try this course. The gentlemen working the counter compared it to Bandon Crossings, so we really looked forward to this.
The course is pretty and a cart is needed for some pretty steep hills. However, the course itself was not good. A few of the greens were cut so short I was putting on dry cracked dirt. The fairways were unevenly cut so even when you did get into the fairway the lays were awful.

I don't know if the weather created these conditions or if they have someone who has no idea how to cut a fairway or green. I don't think I'll be making this drive to play this course again.

Visited June 2012