“Very Pretty and Challenging Course”

Salmon Run Golf Course
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Fun course, LEAVE your driver in the car. Course will play well if you place your Irons. Fairways and greens in great shape. Senior Discounts after 1PM. Lots of elevated tees. Deer in most fairways.Very enjoyable afternoon. Usually Sunny when Brookings in clouds.

2  Thank travellng3500

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I've always let the guys in the family play this course. I have loved the drive in, the beautiful greens, the natural hillsides and streams, and the variety of wildlife...right down to the little salamander crossing the road in front of my car. But I usually dropped them off and let them have all the fun.
This year my son's girlfriend and I played along. Wow! We loved it and had a wonderful afternoon. The water, trees, and brush can capture a few of your balls, but the course is so interesting, you can forgive it for stealing those golf balls! This course made me want to golf more!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Excellent Course, the best I played whilst in the states. We encountered deer, chipmunks etc whilst making our way around the course. Definitely need a cart for this one.

1  Thank 007bros
Reviewed 26 July 2013

It has been almost 40 years since I last visited Brookings. Golf was not something the hard working loggers and mill folks did regularly enough back then to support a golf course -- today with the number of retirees from other places it seems golf is a going concern -- the local high school has a golf team that calls Salmon Run its home course.

The course is not long by today's standards but is in excellent condition and extremely picturesque with lots of elevation changes. We enjoyed our game as well as the deer playing all over the course and couldn't beat the price - $35/person for seniors after 1pm.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is one of the best kept secrets of the Oregon Coast. This 18 hole, world class course is tucked away on the banks of the Chetco river near Brookings, OR. Highly recommend. My son and I( I am a hackwer and my son is a college team golfer, handicap +2) went here for a round and were very impressed. Some of the fairways are tight so bring a few extra balls. We played Bandon Dunes the same week and we both enjoyed Salmon Run quite a bit more.

2  Thank Jim M