“nightmare”

Blue Coast Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 4 September 2011

carpets are terably dirty will turn you'r feet black. Bathroom was dirty you might want to bring you'r own cleaning supplies before useing. managers are veary nosey clean quiet and comfteble not even close it is the worse place i have ever stayed and not worth the money you are better off going down the road

Room Tip: go to a differnt place not the blue coast inn and suites
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tazz49
Joyce W, Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Blue Coast Inn & Suites is under New Management as of October 7, 2011. I have 15 years Resident Management experience behind me, and my "Motto as a Manager" has always been that I will not rent anything that I personally would not live in. I stay on top of my house-keepers and maintenance men, and they know that their jobs depend on the cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms that I rent.

We are in the process of doing some major renovation to the Motel. I have had Carpets commercially Cleaned in some rooms, removed carpets and pads in some rooms, for replacement. We are painting all rooms. We are getting ready to re-do all Bathrooms, floor to ceiling, beginning mid December, to bring them up to date.

I am sorry for your bad experience with the Motel and Management in the past, and hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Joyce Wafford,
Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I heard about the leaky roof.lol,sorry.Luckily not in the rooms.management is friendly and willing to go out there way to accommidate you.I stayed for awhile ,the place is starting to clean up really nice.If you are going to brookings I recommend the Blue Coast Inn and Suites its the best bang for your buck. P.S great ocean view from all rooms and a 20 minute walk to Harris beach,I will definitly b back.

Room Tip: Call a couple of days early before u go (1-541-469-2161)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank oregonovernighter
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I mistakenly booked an overnight stay at the BLUE COAST instead of the PACIFIC SUNSET where I had stayed before.

The room @ BLUE COAST was clean,, quiet & adequate for the price. There were 2 double beds, micro and small fridge. Coffee and pastries were available in the morning. The front office people were pleasant enough but seemed a bit overwhelmed. Ice machine was broken. We asked for an ice bucket for the ice we purchased at the nearby grocery store. None was available because they were all being used in the front office to catch leaks from the roof . After staying at both, I can say you're better off at Pacific Sunset which is right next door. Same low price- run better although no morning coffee there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank msbossa
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We are on a road trip as I write this. 4th of July weekend and we have no plans just driving where ever we ended up. We were ended up in Crescent City, CA but there wasn't a room available between there and Eureka. We called all around and this place hadone room left. The manager was extremely friendly and held the room for us. Very nice couple who is new to the area has been managing this place for the last few months and they are working on gettig the rooms fixed up. For $60 we got a great deal. Clean room, 2 beds one in its own room. Kitchenette and full size fridge. We are going to try and grab it for tomorrow night so we don't end up without a place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank BrookeinOregon
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Room smelled of CHLORINE BLEACH like you wouldn't believe, but leaving the door open for 10 minutes during load-in fixed that. Shower stall is teensy. But the place is clean and functional, althbough the bed could use a new set of springs.

Price was exceptionally cheap, so, well, you get what you pay for, and in the value sense, it's a winner.

It's also built in the 1940's and a touch creaky.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank retired_old_jj
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We were so tired when we arrived...the managers were great...the room was basic-clean comfortable, and refreshing!! This is not a luxury resort...this is a basic hidden treasure...the doors had antique locks that captured our hearts!!! If you want luxury, keep going...if you want value, stop and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank txtknogk
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel for just under $60. The location and room itself are nice but there are a few issues that need to be addressed by housekeeping and the management. The small issue was that there were a few light bulbs out on the room. If you are someone who needs fresh airflow through your room, this may not be the place for you. There is no heater/ air conditioning and the only windows that open, only do part way. Very stuffy. When I finally removed my shoes and started walking around the room, my feet turned black from the dirt on the carpet. It was almost as if I was walking outside with bare feet.
The sign out front says "continental breakfast" which, at this motel, means coffee and small Danishes, that's all.

• Stayed: August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
2 mi away
#2 of 19 in Crescent City
Brookings Inn
Brookings Inn
#8 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Blue Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!