“Looking up, new management, great value.”

Blue Coast Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Redmond, Washington
“Looking up, new management, great value.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great value. I booked this this year based on finding it servicable last year. The breakfast is still coffee and muffins, but the rooms are cleaner, the bed was new, and there is quite a bit of space in the room. It advertises new management. Power, heat, internet, plumbing, hair drier, etc, all in good shape and working. There was a crew renovating two rooms in the morning when we left, and it looks like they are continuing to improve the place.

And it's still a fantastic value for the price.

Still remaining: The carpet (ecch, but it's indoor/outdoor and the backing is failing and no amount of cleaning will do any good) and the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Rooms are not attractive and not totally clean. Continental breakfast is a sweet roll, even though they advertise one and have a huge room with fireplace and tables to serve something worthwhile. No hair dryers, towels like tissue paper, inconsistent or loud heaters, and the blanket on one of our beds would not qualify to be sold at Good Will.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Brookings hotels

Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

From the moment we got to the Blue Coast Inn & Suites, we were made to feel at home. Joyce (the manager) is very cordial and makes sure her guests are taken care of. We were looking for decent accommodations on a budget and honestly I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, and had a microwave and fridge and free wireless internet access.

Just a couple of things that could be improved upon: the wireless signal was "iffy" at times but it DID work. There are plugs behind the bed and also there was a plug strip behind the TV so I did manage to charge my phone and laptop but it would have been way more convenient had there been a plug available by the table. Also, they layout of the double queen rooms is kind of odd - one bed only has 2-3 feet clearance between the foot of the bed and a wall, but it's workable.

I liked the location - it's located on the main road but set back and up enough where you don't get the road noise. It was raining most of the time we were there, but I did notice that there was an ocean view when the rain stopped...that was nice and unexpected too. Since the motel is all ground level, you can park right in front of your room which makes it nice too.

All in all I thought it was a good value for the money. I will definitely stay there again if I need to return to Brookings.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Ukiah, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

carpets are terably dirty will turn you'r feet black. Bathroom was dirty you might want to bring you'r own cleaning supplies before useing. managers are veary nosey clean quiet and comfteble not even close it is the worse place i have ever stayed and not worth the money you are better off going down the road

Room Tip: go to a differnt place not the blue coast inn and suites
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tazz49
Joyce W, Manager at Blue Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Blue Coast Inn & Suites is under New Management as of October 7, 2011. I have 15 years Resident Management experience behind me, and my "Motto as a Manager" has always been that I will not rent anything that I personally would not live in. I stay on top of my house-keepers and maintenance men, and they know that their jobs depend on the cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms that I rent.

We are in the process of doing some major renovation to the Motel. I have had Carpets commercially Cleaned in some rooms, removed carpets and pads in some rooms, for replacement. We are painting all rooms. We are getting ready to re-do all Bathrooms, floor to ceiling, beginning mid December, to bring them up to date.

I am sorry for your bad experience with the Motel and Management in the past, and hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Joyce Wafford,
Manager
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I heard about the leaky roof.lol,sorry.Luckily not in the rooms.management is friendly and willing to go out there way to accommidate you.I stayed for awhile ,the place is starting to clean up really nice.If you are going to brookings I recommend the Blue Coast Inn and Suites its the best bang for your buck. P.S great ocean view from all rooms and a 20 minute walk to Harris beach,I will definitly b back.

Room Tip: Call a couple of days early before u go (1-541-469-2161)
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank oregonovernighter
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I mistakenly booked an overnight stay at the BLUE COAST instead of the PACIFIC SUNSET where I had stayed before.

The room @ BLUE COAST was clean,, quiet & adequate for the price. There were 2 double beds, micro and small fridge. Coffee and pastries were available in the morning. The front office people were pleasant enough but seemed a bit overwhelmed. Ice machine was broken. We asked for an ice bucket for the ice we purchased at the nearby grocery store. None was available because they were all being used in the front office to catch leaks from the roof . After staying at both, I can say you're better off at Pacific Sunset which is right next door. Same low price- run better although no morning coffee there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank msbossa
Silverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We are on a road trip as I write this. 4th of July weekend and we have no plans just driving where ever we ended up. We were ended up in Crescent City, CA but there wasn't a room available between there and Eureka. We called all around and this place hadone room left. The manager was extremely friendly and held the room for us. Very nice couple who is new to the area has been managing this place for the last few months and they are working on gettig the rooms fixed up. For $60 we got a great deal. Clean room, 2 beds one in its own room. Kitchenette and full size fridge. We are going to try and grab it for tomorrow night so we don't end up without a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank BrookeinOregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Ocean Suites
#2 of 8 in Brookings
Pacific Reef Hotel - Gold Beach
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge

Been to Blue Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!