“Amazing”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here for the first time last night. Wonderful experience. Brased short ribs were to die for. Chicken marsali was amazing. Hot spinich salad, steamed clams and a full bar.. add excellent service and the owner stopping by to make sure everything was to our satisfaction made this a first class dining experience.

If you enjoy fine dining and love Italian food this restaurant is a true gem.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mark F

Fulton, Illinois
“OK”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Ate here on trip up Oregon coast. Atmosphere fun and service good. A bit pricey since entrée didn't include salad, soup, or side.
Had lasagna which was okay, nothing fantastic. We weren't looking for wine or a full bar, just good food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank karenskitchen
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Awesome Place and Great Food - Check it Out!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ate here our last night in Brookings and what a wonderful surprise and such a change of pace from typical food available in the area.

The Melanzana Sandwich caught my eye (breaded eggplant topped with baby spinach, Roma tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cheese and garlic mayo on ciabatta bread) but I wasn't sure I cared for eggplant. Our waitress who happened to be one of the owners convinced me it was one of the best tasting sandwiches ever! I went ahead and ordered it and she was right. It was delicious and was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had.
My husband ordered the Hot Italian Sandwich (salami, pepperoni, provolone cheese on a baguette) and it was excellent and a little spicy. Both of our sandwiches came with a small side salad too.
While we were waiting on our food, we were served a very tasty rosemary-herb bread with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar dipping sauce.
It is hard to find a charming place like this with reasonable prices and unique food. Such a great alternative from typical restaurant food. Next time we are in Brookings we will definitely eat here again cuz there are many other items on the menu I'd like to try.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank gypsylady002a
northern california
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What a great restaurant! I had the braised short ribs, delicious. The interior was fun and artful. Service was excellent and friendly. Some great local brew on tap, and wine, and full bar. From what we could find in this town, this would be hands down best for food and atmosphere and right on the Main Street. This would be a great find in any town, even San Francisco.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bluecanoe2
San Antonio, Texas
“A New Best find in Brookings.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife's sister found this place sometime ago and raved about the food. So when we were in Brookings for our annual vacation from the heat of TX, we stopped in for dinner. The place is small but about the size of most in the area. The menu has excellent and there are specials. I had the rack of lamb for $24 and it was a steal at that price. My wife had chicken marsala and it was very good. the party of 4 had martinis, wine, appetizers and entrees and 1 desert and it was only $155, which is a very good price, especially when everything was so very, very good.
we have finally found a good and reasonably priced restaurant in brookings....not a small task.

• Visited August 2013