“Good Food, but could have been cooler” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Conway, South Carolina
“Good Food, but could have been cooler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stopped here for dinner, based on reviews we had read previously. We were both very pleased with our food, however, it was a bit warm and uncomfortable in the restaurant. It appeared they had portable air conditioners working, but on the one by our table it read "82 degrees", which was too warm. Maybe if it had been a cooler day, we would have enjoyed our visit more, because as we said, the food was wonderful. If the temperature is high, call them to be sure the air conditioning is working before you go.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RetiredBeachers29526

Coos Bay or
“Excellent excellent excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

An excellent experience tucked into a cozy space. My chicken Carciofi was amazing. And the warm spinach salad my wife was the same. I took my wife here after her finals to celebrate. Great choice. Service was great as well. In a larger city I would expect to pay a lot more for a lot less. A great place for a date!

• Visited June 2014
Brookings, Oregon
“It was terrible and expensive in Dec 2013, and still is.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I didn't want to go, but friends wanted to try the food. Again, it was expensive, very little food, and the sauces they make from scratch are better out of a jar in the supermarket.
One person had the alfredo, and asked for a chicken breast to be sliced and added. The chicken was undercooked, the sauce terrible. I tried the spaghetti. The sauce was like ketchup and water mixed together. Bread was not good. Another had eggplant something. He said it would have been a good appitezer. Not a meal, small serving. He wasn't sure if it was good or not.
I will NEVER go back, and doubtful they will either.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank ieatoutlots
North Bend, Oregon, United States
“Just fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Great food, great wine, great service!!! Just eat there and enjoy!!! The warm spinach salad is to die for and add chicken and you have perfection!!!

1 Thank Jeanne M
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buttery Garlicky Cheesy Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Throw away your guilt. Loosen your belt and just enjoy being naughty. We started with some of the best bread (baked in house) I've ever had and that's saying something, because I've roamed the earth for over sixty years now. We moved on to an escargot appetizer with butter and garlic. Then I had the lasagna, while my friend had a pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sage sauce. The staff was as friendly as the food was delicious. You will feel very welcome and if you can overcome the guilt, you will enjoy a fantastic meal.

• Visited May 2014