“A nice getaway for the family.”
Review of Ocean Suites

Ocean Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome little motel. Not fancy, great rates and very clean. Sheena, the girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. If you're looking for ocean views, this is not the place, though the ocean is a short walk away. I wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosie W

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Brookings was my last stop on a solo trip down the Oregon coast, and I was so burned out that all I wanted was a comfortable and clean room to hang out in. I got way better than I expected!

The woman I dealt with during my stay was amazing. She was by far the friendliest and most helpful person I'd met on my whole trip. She put me in a suite at the end of a building and I was very surprised by how big and clean it was. The furniture was great and really comfortable which was perfect since I just wanted to crash and watch TV. All of the suites had access to Netflix on the TV and it was way better than flicking through local cable channels.

I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay again if I ever visited Brookings again.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We decided to stay at Ocean Suites based on the tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The room was like a mini apartment and sparkling clean. The manager was very friendly and accommodating. All this and a great value too! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Brookings area. Phil & Carolyn Peterson

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2014PC
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The excellent reviews for Ocean Suites convinced us that it was the place to stay in Brookings. The reviewers did not let us down. We arrived for a 5 night fishing trip, and the main appeal was the presence of a freezer to freeze the fish we hoped to catch, along with the proximity of the boat docks where our boat was moored. (note, the parking is limited, and there is no room to park a boat and trailer at the motel) The kitchen was nicely equipped, and great for our quick breakfasts and making lunches for the boat. We were impressed by the friendly staff and comfortable home (even a recliner) provided by Ocean Suites. It is a short walk to the beach and nearby restaurants.It is not fancy, the décor may be from the 80's, but you can't beat Ocean Suites for a reasonably priced, comfortable place to stay in Brookings!

1  Thank lb783
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The staff at this motel is the friendliest I have met! The rooms have queen size beds in both the bedroom and sitting room, and they were very comfortable. The rooms are equipped with kitchen items, stove, and even a coffee pot, which my wife loved.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the second floor, and we had no noise problem. All the rooms have recently b...
1  Thank Carl D
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We began our trip to the Oregon coast by staying at this motel. It did not disappoint. The room felt like a mini apartment with a twin bed in separate rooms and a kitchenette in between. When we checked in the proprietor gave us some info on where to eat dinner and where to get a good breakfast. She was right on both counts. Would definitely stay again!!!!

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the best place we stayed at during a June Oregon (and northern CA) coastal trip.

Situated well off Highway 101, it’s quiet, and the rooms (“suites”) are spacious. The suite has a kitchen area off of the main living area, and a separate bedroom (and, of course, separate bathroom). There’s a smallish (35”?) flat screen HDTV in the living room (hooked up via Roku to Netflix) and bedroom; both TVs have basic cable TV. The living room has a couch and a recliner, along with a table and chairs. The kitchen has all the basic equipment you’d expect. The bed was comfortable, though starting to sag just a bit in places. It’s the first motel I’ve stayed at in quite a while with pillows that didn’t make my neck sore. The walls are fairly well insulated, though if someone is talking loudly outside in the parking area (which some people do, even after midnight), you’ll hear them. Or in the rooms next door, but much more muffled and quiet than at most any motel I’ve stayed at. My one complaint with the entire suite is the shower curtain. It is a very thin, lightweight one, and it is constantly billowing, blowing in and onto you as you try to shower.

In summary, the rooms were clean, quiet, and very comfortable / homey. Everyone we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful. It’s a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Room #211 – Upper floor, end unit, furthest from the road
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TigersFan2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Ocean Suites? Share your experiences!