“I like this place too!”

Blue Water Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Brookings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

One of two in Brookings/Harbor area. I love the TIKI bar area! Fun spirited and TV in area or sit in the open dining area. Come on in!

robb

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We wanted a seafood dinner our first night in Brookings, we asked around and were told Blue Water had good food at reasonable prices. We were seated right away and things started out great, asked if the seafood on the captain's plate was fresh and were told the only thing on it fresh was the snapper the rest was flash frozen. But we still decided to give it a try, first problem the clam chowder came out luke warm when my husband complained they simply took it back and stuck it in the microwave. Then the dinner came out the clams and calimari were hard as rocks, the scallops were still cold and the halibut was fried great on the outside but slimy on the inside and the fresh snapper smelled a sign that it was not all that fresh. The only thing good on the plate was the French fries and the fry sauce. Closing note the walk in cooler was behind our table and the cook kept having to walk across the restaurant get things out of it. This was the most expensive meal of our trip and by far the worst.

1  Thank kellych65
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We visited for breakfast and all three had different meals - oatmeal, French toast, and eggs with bacon and home fires. The French toast and Oatmeal were good but nothing special about them. My husband had eggs and home fries and had to add butter to the home fries as they were too dry. We had planned on coming here for dinner while on vacation but after the breakfast experience and seeing the dinner prices, we changed our mind and went back to Sportshaven Marina instead.

1  Thank Sandie-mtshasta
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Dined there last nite......I had the Coconut Shrimp with Rice Pilaf.......it couldn't have been better. The Rice was superb it had a different taste than any I had every tried....a GREAT taste I might add. Something in it was a little crunchy, maybe nuts I didn't ask, I was just very happy with it. My Shrimp were deep fried and crunchy too...came with a Marmalade/Horseradish dip that just added to my enjoyment. Others must think it good as it was pretty full for a Wednesday nite. Those in my party thought the servings very good also.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We both had omelets, one bacon and cheese, the other a taco omelet. Both were large enough to split, but good enough to work through with a nod to skipping lunch. The bacon in the omelet was ample, thick, smoky and cooked just right, not brittle, just crisp. The taco omelet was tasty, maybe would be just a touch on the spicy side for some, but was good for us. You are greeted by huge tropical murals when you walk in, which is not exactly what you expect on the southern Oregon Coast, but the place is unashamed to have its own character. We were able to walk right in and be seated at 8:30 in the morning, and noticed that there were a fair number of locals that came in and had their "regular" tables. We pulled in here on a whim. Glad we did. (The artist that does the murals hides things in the painting and it was fun to look for them.)