“Highly Recommend”
Review of Portside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Portside Suites
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Originally planned on staying at the Best Western. Initially, we were disappointed to find it booked after a long day of driving. We turned around not sure where we going to spend the night. Saw The Portside Suites, and pulled in. What a find!

Check in was easy, friendly, and efficient. We stayed in #106, Pelican's Perch, a handicapped room. Upon entry to the room, our disappointed about the Best Western immediately vanished.

The living area, tastefully decorated, was open, good size, with a TV, quick internet service, comfortable couch, chairs, a coffee table, and glass dining table with four chairs.

The bedroom has a TV, vanity, and small sitting area outside with table and chairs. Not much of view, but great for relaxing. The comfy king size bed and quiet AC made for a comfortable nights sleep.

The bathroom is good size easily allowing for wheelchair access with a bench for showering.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and without a doubt will stay again on future trips to Washington.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E&CinReno

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Recent Motorcycle trip up the Left Coast. Saw signs for 100 miles for the Best Western. At $149 felt like moving on. 1/4 mile down the road is this Gem. Great people, great service. I stay in hotels 100+ nights a year. The rooms are probably better decorated than most peoples homes! It doesn't have the view (you get that all up and down the coast). But the stay will not be my last. This place is perfectly situated for the business or pleasure seeker. Also try the "Nautical" Restaurant just south (like 100 ft south) of the CA Inspection station. A perfect end to a beautiful day.

Office closes at night. Make sure you have Internet Password, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ShawnPearsall
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is my 4th weekly stay at this location this fiscal year. We travel to the area for work and find this location quiet, comfortable and clean. Beds are comfy and the large suites make it great for spending multiple nights and spreading your work out on the large dining table or bar works well. The FREE Internet serivce is strong and fast!

If traveling for work ask for a corporate rate....makes the stay worthwhile. Since we come during the off season we get a decent corporate rate per night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Annette S
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was one click away from completing my on-line transaction with Best Western Beachfront. Feeling uncomfortable about the taxes and fees not being included........ went to check out Portside Suites. This little place is a gem. Lots of room for 2 even 3 people to stay. Laundry facilities on site, and next door to a little restaurant. (not open on Monday though). Portside Suites were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced with AAA. Although it is in front of a working harbor, at night it is quiet and the view doesn't matter. With some thoughtful landscaping the view could be improved. The receptionist was very professional and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a room with a fireplace on second floor with balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank imotogirl
Reviewed 29 February 2012

From the moment we walked into our room I knew that I had found the place to stay in Brookings. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, (we stayed in 103). Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful, and made sure we had a fantastic stay. If you are going to Brookings make sure you stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shannon E
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I just stayed two nights at the Portside Suites and was so delighted. I had done tons of research and it just did not look like there was any place in Brookings that did not have bad or questionable reviews. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I stumbed upon Portside Suites.
The room was beautiful and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I slept better than I have in years.
The staff are amazing, polite and helpful...make you feel right at home.
I am headed back for another stay at Portside Suites in a week or so and this time I'm taking my parents so they can enjoy it too.
Absolutely nothing negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: They are all in a quiet area. I think some have a jacuzzi tub in them. The staff are wonderful and w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank pamela c
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed here with my husband on our way to Seattle and oh what a delight after the dirty, noise motel we stayed at outside Yosemite. The king size bed was absolutely beautiful and the little apartment was just delightful with everything that you could possibly need. We ate at a little diner along the road that sold fish and chips and clam chowder. I love your clam chowder. We don't have that in Australia. Anyway I am a bit late to put this review on the website, but I just found a biro that I had from the Portside Suites and looked it up for nostalgic reasons.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple