“Swan Island Dahlia Festival”

Swan Island Dahlias
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Canby
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A great event for young and old with free admission and free parking..........! The festival is the last week in August and by that time the fields are busting with color and it's amazing to see the size of some of the blooms..........!

They also have live music, food vendors and wine tasting :)

Note - The event is also handicap accessible

If you haven't been there before put if on your list..........!

2  Thank baytrader

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nice place to visit and walk around or if you are looking to replace/find that unusual color this is your place to be. When everything is in bloom it is such a wonderful site to check out so bring a camera. You also have an opportunity to learn more about your dahlias from seminars and other fetival patrons. Don't forget to check out Mollala state park to let your dog run around, no fee day use. Then you can travel across town and check out St. Josephs for some wine.

1  Thank Christopher O
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I lived in the area for years before going to this, but once I went, I never miss a year. You park right next to the field and the beauty and variety of the dahlias is right there. You can go anytime (check out their hours) not just during the festival weekends. Just outside Canby and combining it with the Canby Ferry makes a great outing.

1  Thank AHS4
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife has been doing mail-order with Swan Island for a few years, so it is probably inevitable that we would attend their annual dahlia festival. For me, our non-stop route from Santa Rosa to Portland made it pretty easy, plus I had never been to Portland and wanted to learn why everybody loves it. We got out to Canby on the Saturday before Labor Day. From the I-5, the path was pretty well-marked. The parking was extremely efficient. We wandered just a bit until one of the ladies advised us to catch the indoor exhibition before it got too crowded. The variety of colors, sizes and configurations of dahlias was extraordinary. We took lots of pictures and made lots of notes for placing orders. Our last step indoors was to place an order, which was also done very efficiently. We managed to get volume discounts and freebies, which always leaves one feeling like they did well. The outdoor plantings are just too overwhelming to describe. The colors go on for acres and no camera can do the scene justice, The festival also featured a few food booths that we did not try and a really decent band. Over the course of the weekend, I also learned why everyone loves Portland. I expect that I will be back to both.

1  Thank Chipol
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I didn't think I would enjoy going to a "flower show", but hey, this place is worth it. I have been going there for the last two years and this year was the third. This year I did something different - I stayed for the lectures for about 1 and 1/2 hours, and learned a lot. It was amazing to learn some of the things I did, and the questions from the audience were all good and kept coming. The show flowers are really neat and the flowers in the field are just vibrant. You gotta bring a camera. There is a beautiful little Koi pond as well as a fountain out in the field.

1  Thank mugshotmike