“Just fantastic - didn't want to leave”

Sea Sprite on the Estuary
Ranked #7 of 17 Cannon Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights as part of a road trip. The stay was wonderful from start to finish. We were in the Osprey Suite which is ocean facing on the second floor. It had a bedroom with a king bed, a queen murthy bed in the sitting room, a large npathroom with jet tub and separate shower, a kitchen/diner and a balcony. In the hallway is a laundry area where you can wash and dry clothes, which was a real bonus. The furnishings and linens were all of a great standard and the blues and taupes echoed the sea and sand beyond the window.

The view from our suite was breathtaking with the estuary and the ocean providing an ever-changing feast for the eyes. You can't see the famous haystack from inside but a short walk along the beach, right out the back yard, and there it is.

There are fire pit areas dotted along the beach and, jealous of those enjoying a fire the first night, we bought somelogs, chilled some wine and sat out there ourselves the second evening, just chilling and chatting in the darkness.

The location is great - far enough from the shops and restaurants for peace but close enough to walk to for breakfast or dinner.

It is not a cheap place to stay but it was a real treat to stay somewhere so beautiful, comfortable and so close to the ocean. We were sad to leave and I'd definitely go back there in a heartbeat.

By the way, if you're there, make sure to visit the haystack just after high tide. We saw the most beautiful, huge and colourful starfish in the rock pools. Don't miss the sunsets either!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WendyAM

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We just celebrated our 42nd Anniversary with a week long vacation along the Oregon Coast and Central Oregon. The first night( which was our actual wedding date ) we spent at the Seasprite in the Puffin Room. It was fabulous. Quaint, Quiet( only 5 rooms in the building)Excellent views of the ocean and estuary. Very close,easy walking distance to downtown Cannon Beach. Very comfortable bed. Awesome Jacuzzi. Nice Kitchen. If there was any room for improvement it would be a little more comfortable seating in the living room. The check in/out was super easy! Upon leaving I realized I had left a pair of sandals in the room. All it took was a phone call and they found them and put them in the mail to me. Incredible customer service !!!!! Kudos to the staff!

Room Tip: Only 5 rooms all facing the ocean. Top floor is an entire suite. Didn't stay there as it was boo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We loved this property! It is beautifully decorated with a great location. It is right on the beach but secluded as it is at the far end. We stayed in room 21, the Tide Pools Alive room, and the fireplace was perfect after we got back from walking the beach. The view was so beautiful that we slept with all the windows open just so we could wake up to it. It looked like, on a dryer day, you could build a fire out behind the house on the beach.
Just a little warning, the bathtub in this room "purges" itself after it has been used and the first time it happened it scared us because it causes a loud fan-like sound. Cannon Beach is such a cute little town and everything is within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again if we ever make it back that way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrisnkay
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This lovely property provided everything the girls and I needed for a couple of days away at the beach. We enjoyed having the kitchen available for making ourselves little treats and not having to eat out. The gas fireplace was nice for rainy nights, and we slept really well in both beds. Giant jetted tub with a view was an excellent way to relax.

It was wonderful to have a view of the estuary and the beach, and we loved being able to walk not only out on the sand, but into town for anything we needed or wanted. What a great location!

The room was quiet, and we felt very secure in the building. Everything was clean and well kept. We enjoyed everything about our stay.

Room Tip: The middle floor was really nice...great view and hardly any noise from upstairs. We were on the no...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank livinator
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Ok I I don't know how many times I've stayed at the Sea Sprite,I think I've stayed in every room an never tire of the views,if it's raining all the better,I'm fine just sitting in living room an enjoying the always changing views.Great Hosts, Ashley an Bruce always helpful .
Only problem I ever have is having to leave Sea Sprite.

Room Tip: I enjoy ground floor room 22
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mkualoa
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We just got back from an amazing trip to Cannon Beach, OR. We stayed at the Sea Sprite on the Estuary in the Osprey Suite and it was perfect for me, my husband, our 4 and 2 year old boys. The views from the suite were fantastic. The suite was very clean upon our arrival and meeted all of our needs and expectations. I would highly recommend the Estuary. We enjoyed the quaint private deck, the ability to roast smores right below our room on the beach, the fully stocked kitchen, the free and easy access to the washer and dryer with complimentary detergent (which we needed due to the fact that our 2 year old ended up face planting himself in the ocean in his clothes), and the calm waters right outside the doors for our boys to safely wade and splash in. We will definately stay there again and look forward to it. The best Mother's Day gift I've received!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife and found the Sea Sprite at the Estuary on the internet and it looked promising. Knowing the location well, we decided to stay there for two days. We really liked the location and the ease of "self" check in and out. We stayed on the second floor and the views were great. The room looks better in the pictures, but it was still nice.
Cons:
The windows were so streaked, when the sun hit them you couldn't see well. For the price of the room one would think housekeeping would use something other than a towel or paper to clean the windows. As mentioned, we were on the second floor and there is only one room located on the third floor or "nest". The quiet times are clearing posted with the directions for the room and each morning we were awoken around 6am by kids jumping up and down, running and what sounded like moving furniture. Needless to say, this ruined the trip...not to mention being very loud until midnight. I'm not sure if the family was just that loud or the construction was paper thin. Anyway, we could hear everything.

In my opinion, the price is I believe the second highest at Cannon beach and for what you get, it is overpriced...in fact, way over priced.

I would recommend staying on the top floor unless you visit during the week.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st or 2nd floor on a weekend.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple