“A Friendly, Perfect Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Webb's Scenic Surf Motel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Washington
“A Friendly, Perfect Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have come to Webb's three times now and it is our favorite vacation place. Jimmy, owner, is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The rooms are cozy and clean and they are ON the ocean. All the staff is helpful and the price is quite reasonable.
Jimmy loaned us his binoculars when we said we were going up to Ecola Point- a very nice thing to do!

We will be back!

Room Tip: Every room is great. We like the lower level rooms because on a nice day, you can sit out on the la...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Prepare for a roll-back to the best parts of your life. Homey (and homely) touches and flashbacks for everyone over 30.
Immaculately clean....everything!
Central location, ON the beach. The Rooms have everything you could ever need, plus a down-to-earth and earnest staff.
As a native "coastie" I can assure you yours will truly be an authentic Oregon experience. Our family will be back as often as we can!

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank CaptainBoathook
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Family owned and it shows. This place has roots. Cannon beach is at it's best a small town Oregon coast experience. Jimmy and his staff are warm, welcoming and most importantly it's a comfortable place to watch the ocean. Nothing bad to say about it and as a added bonus head down to the driftwood and have a drink with the 3rd generation proprietor. Class joint.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Merriac
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed 1 night in Room #3. The location is nearly unsurpassed! Great view of beach & ocean waves from wall of windows in Living Room & Dining area. The walk-in rate was reasonable for the area. However, the decor was rather worn and the mattress was terrible! Absolutely no support. At walk-in rate for one night it was acceptable as an early morning walk on beach followed by a stop at the local bakery and an excellent Latte at Insomnia Coffee Shop was worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Darlene F
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Room 9. Fireplace, private balcony, unobstructed ocean view and chilled glass in the mini fridge. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Would definitely stay here next time in Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for rooms, first or second floor, with unobstructed views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MJTfromCA
seattle
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Took my elderly mother to Cannon Beach for Thanksgiving week-end a couple years ago and stayed at Webb's and we really enjoyed it. Cute a comfy decor..nice gas fireplace and just enough kitchen for us as we ate dinners out...one night just walked around the corner to pick up pizza. Right in the heart of downtown so we didn't need to use the car and right on the beach, too, with easy access. Enjoyed watching the pelicans ride the surf up and down the creek! MY only negative was that the sofa bed was super uncomfortable ( had a queen in the bedroom area for Mom) so I just left the sofa closed to sleep on . Also the entrance to the rooms on the ground level had a couple of steps up to the door with no handrail so tricky for anyone with mobility issues.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
wichita, ks
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came across the Scenic Surf as I entered the small town of Cannon Beach. I didn't have a reservation when I got to town but as soon as I saw the Scenic Surf I knew I wanted to stay there. I called and Linda answered. She was extremely kind and when she told me a queen bed with an ocean view was only $99 for the night I was sold. The room was just enough kitsch and just enough modern. Bed is extremely comfortable and the shower was great. The view was serene from my room but even better from their 'front yard'. I watched the sunset and it was such a beautiful experience. I ended up meeting the owner that night at the Driftwood restaurant. He was extremely kind and very helpful. I am so happy that I decided to stay here. It may look a little run down but that's part of its charm. you won't regret staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo