“Loved the hotel and the location”

Inn at Cannon Beach
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I visited here with my teenage kids and one of their friends. The 4 of us managed to share a room with 2 queens and a cot which was tight but doable. The Inn is lovely as everyone says. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I chose this hotel mostly by default and am happy I did. Looking online, I could not find anything priced lower in Cannon Beach--I don't know why because turns out there are less expensive places downtown. So although this was pricey for me, I went with it rather than staying in another town, like Seaside. However, I feel extremely lucky that we stayed here. It's slightly out of town which meant that to go shopping we had to drive into town and so our beach trip was not about shopping. It was about taking walks down to the ocean--2 or 3 times a day. The beach by the hotel was never crowded. We had a fire on the beach one night which was so easy! The Inn (and every store) sells firewood and the night we had a fire, we saw fires up and down the beach. I felt comfortable leaving the teens on the beach when I went back to the room. My son borrowed a boogie board one day. we borrowed movies. the breakfast was perfect for us. I usually got up earlier and took cereal and waffles and yogurt back to the room for the late sleepers. all in all, we felt like we had a luxurious little vacation. We did drive into town for meals and the view--when you come to the hotel and come over the crest of the hill and see Haystack--well it doesn't get much better than that. I think had we stayed in one of the Inns downtown it would have been much more of a typical east coast beach town experience. I just wish it had been a little cooler so we could have enjoyed the fireplace in the room. While you're there: must do the Steidel art gallery in town, Ecola State park (great beaches and views), haystack tide pools, and visit to the Goonie house in Astoria!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2011

My family and I stayed Three nights there and really enjoyed the trip. The first night The Master bed broke down and my wife and I did not sleep well but we stayed opened minded. We called someone to fix it first thing the next morning and someone did come right away! My daughters thoroughly enjoyed the Club House snacks and online services. They were Fantastic!!!!!!!!! They really know how to make you feel at home you know!!!!! It was almost a Christmasy feeling. Being able to check out movies for free was another plus. This was a very good thing for my family as we always do a movie night. The Lodge was also equipped with Board Games and other small accessories that really came in handy.

The one thing that was almost a down fall is we requested a lodge that was pet freindly and instead the guy forgot about our dog. When we arrived they still accomodated us and simply recommended that we keep the Dog in the Garage which was not a totally bad idea for a small three day stay. After check-out I noticed that they still charged me a pet fee after the grounds keeper lied and said that he saw our dog go inside the Lodge and that pet hair was everywhere. Well after talking to the beautiful Manager (Terry) I believe her name was... The fee was deducted and all was well. So, a peace of advice. Make sure and get a friendly Unit and if you do not keep in mind that if pet hair gets on your luggage and in the Lodge you may get charged for the cleaning expense!

All in all we really enjoyed our stay and my kids are ready to stay there again, so we will be visiting again soon! We do understand that things happen and so does the Management over these Units!!!!!! by the way the Concierge serve here is superb!!!!!

J.Cooper
Seattle

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Spacious room, nice yard, good breakfast, and walking distance to the beach! will come back again!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The Inn at Cannon Beach is located across the street from the beach - a very short walk. I thought we would be disappointed not being right on the beach, but it worked out perfectly. It took two minutes to walk to the beach! The grounds at the Inn are lovely and it is very kid and dog friendly. We spent virtually no time in the room, but during the evenings, there were DVDs to rent and snacks in the office. On Saturday, there was a barbecue for guests and plenty of food and drinks to go around. I ran on the beach in the mornings, and the kids were just fine in the room by themselves. We stayed in a downstairs unit so kids bouncing around and jumping on the floor wouldn't disturb anyone - we were comfortable and a little bit pampered. As an aside, Cannon Beach itself is just magnificent - the best on on the north or entral Oregon coast, adn the town has lots of food options and good restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here once with my first wife years ago. Loved the room. They'd since added on, redone the rooms. I brought my new wife there for a weekend free from kids. They left a note in my room "Thanks for coming back!" I appreciated the thought, but my new wife didn't really like being reminded I'd been there before with someone else. :s The rooms are great, I really enjoyed it. The window above our jaqcuzzi tub without cover was a bit unnerving when we were in the tub and folks were walking by, but I didn't see any video cameras on their calves so I assume we won't be on some web site anytime soon. :) I'd stay there again. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a wonderful place. It has an inner courtyard with a little pond. It has a lodge feel and it makes you feel like you are in your very own little cabin. Just across from the beach and Haystack Rock with easy access. They have movies to check out for freee and cookies in the lobby. They have great service. We had an issue with someone before us popping popcorn and burning it and when we arrived our room smelled like it. They came and aired out the room and brought and ionizer and it really helped. Breakfast is continental with fresh fruit and waffles. Hated to leave!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Inn at cannon beach was the most enjoyable stay with a pet ever. From the front desk to the amazing
breakfast which was included i'n the price. The staff made every part of our stay wonderful. Our dog received the royal treatment upon our arrival with a frisbee and a bandana. The room was delightful and welcomed us with salt water taffy and a beautiful dog bone shaped basket with treats, sheets, towels and a bowl. The beach can be seen from where we stayed. Breakfast was spectacular. They thought of everything even soy milk for those who prefer that to milk. The front desk check i'n had DVDs and games to borrow as well as cookies coffee and an assortment of wonderful teas. I would travel clear across country once again to stay at the Inn at Cannon Beach!

• Stayed: July 2011