“Waves Hotel in Cannon Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Waves

The Waves
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Canada
“Waves Hotel in Cannon Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Waves on a recommendation from friends who were also there. It was very nice, calm & quiet. Ideally located within walking distance to everything one could need - I would definitely recommend it to my friends & we will definitely be coming back.
The only thing I would have wanted was some "blackout" drapes as we woke with the light early in the day.... but apart from this minor thing, we enjoyed our stay immensely

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at The Waves during spring break for 4 days, though the weather wasn't the best we enjoyed being at the coast. It's so nice to be away from McDonalds-Starbucks type of food establishments. The motel wasn't busy at all, the tiny parking lot was not a problem to park an SUV. Otherwise the space is pretty tight. We loved our unit overall, the location can't be beat. We stayed at many rental houses/condos and majority of them have some board games to play. We were tired of rain and TV, didn't find anything in the drawers, got couple games from a cute toy store, that saved our rainy afternoon. One of the things we were not particularly crazy about- we had smaller windows above slider door and living room windows which provided too much light in the morning. We would probably stay again at this place.

Room Tip: If you plan to cook, stock some food at Costco or any other chain grocery store, the produce at the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RU2WA
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Took a quick trip to Cannon Beach this last weekend. Stayed at The Waves. It was fantastic. The room was beautiful and so clean. And I am rather picky about cleanliness. Couldn't find a speck of dirt or dust. The view was fabulous. I stayed in Flagship, in a corner room. The room had skylights so it had tons of natural lighing and pale yellow walls which made me feel like I was outside even when I was inside! There was a gas fireplace with a robust flame, not one of those little whimpy ones. I will definately stay here again, many times! This is my new Oregon Beach desination!

Room Tip: Stay in Flagship!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I took a quick weekend getaway to do some work in peace and quiet. I stayed in the end unit on the second floor of the La Colina building, which gave me a great view. I am not sure if the other units have the same view, I think the Flagship building may be blocking the view for the other units. I sat in the lovely little craftsman nook and worked away, looking out at the ocean. I do like a kitchenette, and this one was fully appointed. The bathroom is nothing to get excited about. The cobble stone fireplace adds appeal. It is not a "resort" so the property itself does not offer a lot of attractions and amenities. The location is great. I have stayed at a few other properties in Cannon Beach, this is my favorite, and it has actually been the most affordable too!

Room Tip: Second floor north end.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jenny N
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Whether rain or shine, I always enjoy my ocean visit to the Waves. The room makeover is beautiful and the walk to the beach is less than 3 minutes. The Waves is right in the middle of Cannon Beach and it's a perfect place to stay whether you're shopping, dining or beachcombing.

Linda
Hillsboro, OR

Room Tip: I like the Garden Court Rooms because they are quiet and a good value.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Yakima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Right on beach, right in town! Don't have to drive anywhere unless you want to venture out on a hike!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sweetsommertime
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the flagship and LOVED it! The first 4 days we were on the second floor with a great balcony looking out onto the beach. Unfortunately we had to move to the main floor which was very nice but a bit noisier. All in all great spot. Nice kitchenette. We have already booked our summer vacation there again

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor. Much quieter and stunning panoramic views.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple