“Great Location”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Tucker, Georgia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We found this motel as we passed through town and came back and spent 2 nights. It was a nice room, with a great location, one block to the beach and to the shops and restaurants. Price was good during the week. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at The Waves in the Argonauta room. It was a lower level room about 40feet from the beach, so no beach view but close enough. My only complaint was the foot noise from the room above, it is clearly an older building that has recently been redone so I understand the noise, but it definitely kept me awake. The room was very clean decently appointed. The couch had seen better days and needed to be replaces as there was I cushion left. I would stay here again but not in a lower level unit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at The Waves many times over the last twenty years for Labor Day weekend and it is worth the 5-hour drive from Seattle.
Parking is free and you are half a block from Hemlock the main street of downtown for shops and restaurants. There are stairs at the north end of the property down to the beach and to the south just around the corner so it couldn't be handier. I rarely move my car unless I want to visit another part of the coast.

I stayed in the Garden Court room 101 and though it is on the "back" of the property I had a nice peekaboo ocean view. The room was nicely updated with everything well laid out. Though not a kitchenette unit I had a minifridge, microwave, coffemaker, corkscrew, knife and cutting board and glasses and mugs for 2. Other family members stayed in a Flagship unit looking right at the beach and they were also pleased with the amenities. The rooms as I have seen and enjoyed over the years remain nicely updated and upgraded.

The flowers around the property are always lovely and in keeping with the general atmosphere of Cannon Beach.

Other reviews quibble about proximity to the ocean-really? you can't get closer in that town and if you want oceanfront ask for the Flagship. .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed for two nights in August. Supposed to be ocean front room, but was really a view to the parking lot-but you could still see the ocean. Room is Ok, but not for the price we paid. It is a little dated and tired looking. No toiletries in the bathroom, just some low budget shampoo. Kitchen was adequate for cooking simple things, if you plan on cooking. There is no restaurant or anything, so have to walk just a block for food or drink. I think it is a bit over-priced for the decor, but everything is a short distance away, so that was nice. Bed is hard too!

Room Tip: Make sure you are actually ocean front!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a total whim and definitely got spoiled for the evening. The beach was literally a 5-minute walk from our room and we had an incredible view of the beach. Our room was like a small apartment, really. I was surprised by the kitchen sink, microwave, fridge, and even cabinents stalked with dishes! It was pretty expensive, and I'd definitely have to save my pennies to go back, but I gladly would!

• Stayed August 2013
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We parked at the hotel and could walk to everything. Had a wonderful view and easy access to the beach. The deck allowed for comfortable outdoor viewing and the big windows for inside viewing. The kitchenette had everything you could need (but why cook when there's so much good food just a block away). Bed and chairs were all very comfortable, and the staff very attentive. This would be my first choice when staying in Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: Right on beach yet only 1 block to food and shopping.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Waves – Cannon Beach, OR
I am responding to your request to share with you and future guests our experience while staying at your hotel.
My wife and I were looking for a water front hotel along the Oregon Coast where we could spend two or three days. We wanted a room that was ocean front and close enough to the ocean to hear the surf. We researched this plan and got your hotel name from the Rough Guide, a guide we trusted and had good experience with in the past.
We called your hotel directly and requested a room with our requirements. You had one available with “a direct ocean front view and was 30 feet from the beach.” Also, it had a fireplace and a well laid out small kitchen as part of the room. It sounded perfect. We reserved the room and agreed to pay the premium for such a unique space.
When we arrived and saw the room assigned to us, my wife and I were totally shocked. The room had a direct ocean front view of the ocean, which was at least 1⁄4 mile away; the patio was on a public street. There was a large SUV parked in front of the patio with other cars on the other side of the street. The sand of the beach perhaps was 30 plus feet away from the patio but there was no view, no privacy and no sound of the ocean. We felt that we were totally misled with your description.
We stayed only one night and the only good thing you did was not charge us for the second night of our reservation. You certainly destroyed our attempt to have a unique ocean front experience.
I am including this response to TripAdvisor.com and to Destination Nexus to alert other prospective guests of your deceptive description of the facility.

Room Tip: Make sure the room does not have a public street in front with the Ocean so far away that you can ba...
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple