“Awesome place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stayed in Cannon Beach for years but never knew about the Waves at the Ocean Motel. It was one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in. I was in room 306 which was like being in a wonderful craftsman home with box beam ceiling, stone fireplace, beautiful view of Cannon Beach, a nice eating nook and private deck. I will be planning on staying at this motel and hopefully this room every time I come back to Cannon Beach now. They even discounted my room rate since I came in last minute at dinner time. Awesome place! Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were taking a trip up the Oregon coast and decided to try The Waves for a two night stay. Great Choice! We had a room overlooking the ocean and the room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. The Waves is in the heart of Cannon Beach and within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops. We highly recommend The Waves as a place to stay while visiting the Oregon coast.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard S
cbtravelor, Owner at The Waves, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
I see that you travel and have written numerous reviews about different lodgings that you have visited. I appreciate that you included The Waves Cannon Beach as a property to review and, of course, that we met the expectations of a great visit. We look forward to having you as our guests for future stays.
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our third trip to Oregon in the past 14 months and, thanks to The Waves, it was the best!! Our one-bedroom suite, which had a magnificent view over the beach and ocean, had top class amenities and was just a few steps from the eclectic shops of Cannon Beach.
Whether you desire a private getaway for just the two of you or need space for the whole family, The Waves is the place to be.
Try it just once and you'll rave about The Wave!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bernard C
cbtravelor, Owner at The Waves, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We appreciate the comments from your recent visit to Cannon Beach and The Waves. We continually try to provide the finest affordable accommodations for our visitors. We do have a variety of room choices so most every family size or budget can enjoy the beauty that the Oregon coast offers. Hopefully you will continue with your frequent visits to our area and that The Waves has become your home while on the Oregon coast.
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I haven't had the best of year up to this point and we needed some time to just get away. We had stumbled across The Waves a couple of years ago and I knew this is just where I wanted to go. Cannon Beach is a quite little town that has shops and restaurants all within walking distance from just about any hotel in town, having the beach within the same distance or closer was just the topping on the cake. Plus it is just a short drive into Seaside to see the sights there was also a plus.
We had a nice little studio with a small kitchen so we could have the option of eating in or eating out, we did both. Then after dinner both nights we went for a walk on the beach and saw a spectacular sunset the first night (I lost count of how many pictures I took) and was able to see the clouds move in with the sunset behind them on the second night. I have some disabilities that makes it hard sometimes walking on uneven surfaces and the beach access was an easy one and I was able to walk down to the ocean without much trouble at all. It was a good easy couple of days and The Waves was a big part of what made our time so good. Being able to walk down on the beach until after dark then come back to our room to a fire in the fireplace and hot water waiting for hot chocolate. We will definitely being going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed at the White Heron Lodge #605. The 1 bedroom suite was very spacious and had a great ocean view from the living area. Very convenient to step out the back door onto the beach and have your own campfire. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings were nice. I would have prefered a Blue Ray DVD player since that's what we brought to watch at night, but the DVD player only played standard DVD's. This property is close to downtown without any of the noise. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you could think of. Also, the CD player, puzzles and games were a nice touch. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
cbtravelor, Owner at The Waves, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed one of our White Heron suites. As you did, we find that the location of these suites, on the waterfront and esturay, but still just a block from the village provide for a quiet and relaxing location for your Cannon Beach visit. Blue Ray DVD's are on our list as upgrades as we are continually making changes. We look forward to having you visit again in the near future.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We took advantage of a Groupon deal and spent my birthday in Canon Beach at the Waves. We had an incredible view from our balcony!! The fireplace in the room made it extra romantic.(-: It was within walking distance of the town which was super adorable with many wonderful shops and Ecola State Park was only a 5 minute drive to get to.(-: The only thing I would recommend the Waves do is update to nicer comforters and newer pillows. They were very dated. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back!!

• Stayed April 2014
cbtravelor, Owner at The Waves, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for the nice comments. You were one of many that had the opportunity to use one of our off season promotions. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and we hope that now you have found us that you will return again soon. Hope the little extra's were enjoyable as well.
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was the first time my husband and I have stayed here and the room was wonderful. It was so relaxing and cozy. The view was amazing. We were able to walk to town come back turn on the look at the ocean and watch the sunsent. I would recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view on 2nd floor.