The Waves
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Schooner's Cove Inn(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Inn at Haystack Rock(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Ecola Creek Lodge(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Court(Cannon Beach)
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
Stephanie Inn(Cannon Beach)
View Hotel
The Ocean Lodge(Cannon Beach)
1,501 results
All reviewswhite heronla colinaflagship buildingocean viewgas fireplaceshops and restaurantsbeach houseking studiogreat viewecola creekpark your carprivate deckthe north endwithin walking distancemiddle of townperfect locationfew steps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Have been going to Cannon Beach for more than 40 years. For some reason we started staying at the hotels closer to Haystack and kind of forgot about The Waves. We decided to stay 'in town' and opted for The Waves Flagship ocean front rooms and couldn't have been happier w/ our decision.

King studio is nicely updated and has a small kitchen area (stove top, small fridge, microwave), provides some dishes and utensils. I did not notice if they provide coffee as I brought my own coffee making products. There seemed to be enough dishes and utensils for 4 people.

The mattress was awesome and I'm not sure I've slept so well in years. I even asked where I could buy THAT mattress and they gave me the name and model number...which was such great customer service.

The room was nicely appointed w/ chairs and table and had an outdoor patio area that was covered.

There were only two minor concerns...certainly not something that would keep me from returning. The bathroom we had was pretty small. I thought if they had provided hooks on the back of the door to hang clothing or makeup bag would be nice. And the shower curtain was not the half moon type so the shower curtain tended to blow in on your body while you showered. Guess I've gotten used to the wider style curtain rods that most hotels use to hang shower curtains. They did have really nice LARGE towels that were very soft.

The other thing I would change was to have an upper floor room. When we made our reservations on-line, the option was not there to request an upper floor. We had the misfortune of having a rambunctious family above us who stomped and rough housed a LOT and it was very annoying. The view on the lower floor is very nice and it is nice not to have to drag stuff up the stairs. If we had not had loud upstairs neighbors...room would have been darn near perfect.

Room Tip: Flagship rooms, upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

we usually request no room service - so we have our own little private space. we also really like having a separate bedroom from the cooking and 'lounging' area. The waves more than meet these requirements for us. Paula was delightful to work with and always pleasant at the desk. love the location - can park the car and walk anywhere - including 5-6 miles down a gorgeous beach! suggested eating places: EVOO's dinner show (need reservations!) and Sweet Basils's (particularly enjoy the Crawfish Pie).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have been visiting The Waves for about 30 years- Frank , Valerie, Paula always so nice- best ocean view rooms-everything within walking distance--Coaster Theatre, Lazy Susan, Driftwood Inn, Chocolate Cafe, The Bakery

Room Tip: beachfront is worth the money
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PurrPurr42
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our family has been sharing a vacation together with another family for over 20 years. We each have 3 (now) grown children and we share meals, games and outdoor family fun together. We have stayed at various places in the past, but none had the best overall accommodation, until we stayed at the Waves. At the Waves we found the best overall ambiance, locale (right on the sea wall, but still only 2 blocks from the center of town), and useable space indoors for activities or sleeping. This is our go to place for a great week of family games, recreation, food and bonding. We are especially fond of the collection of 5 separate houses managed by the Waves, called the Argonauta . You have your choice of 5 individual units, from a small, affordable, cozy studio, called the Upper Light House, all the way up to the very spacious 2 story Beach House, which sleeps up to 10-12, with picture perfect ocean front views, large kitchen and dining area and ample living space for large groups to share comfortably. If you're looking for a memorable family or couple vacation, check out the options at The Waves.
The Amslers

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean front unit for perfect sunset views and close to the sea wall stairs for easy beach access. .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Waves at Cannon Beach. I booked at the last minute and the Waves had the only affordable room in the town. It turned out to be clean, steps from the beach, and right in the little downtown area. There was initially a problem with the lock on my door which they were extremely prompt in fixing. I had a great experience at this Motel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo