This was our first trip to the Oregon Coast and I research the hotel options here on Trip Advisor. I settled on Schooner's Cove in Cannon Beach due to it's excellent reviews and it's location fairly close to the Portland airport (90 minutes).
Well, it was excellent. The room was clean and well-furnished. The balcony view of the ocean was perfect. The grounds, lounge chairs and beach access were top notch. It's true that you can't see Haystack Rock from your patio, but you can see the Birds to the north and the lighthouse. A short walk around a bend and Haystack is in full view about a half mile down the beach.
Cannon Beach itself was very nice and tranquil, but everything did close pretty early and we had much better meals at the small cafes than the larger sit-down restaurants.
Overall, a great long weekend away! Thank you Schooner's Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful oceanfront hotel in the heart of downtown Cannon Beach. Enjoy oceanfront suites, kitchens, gas fireplaces, Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, DVD players, and oceanfront decks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Schooner's Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schooner`s Cove Hotel Cannon Beach
- Schooners Cove Hotel
- Schooners Cove Cannon Beach