“Wonderful accommodations, beautiful beach, a little pricey but we loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodges at Cannon Beach

and 1 more site!
Lodges at Cannon Beach
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Olympia, Washington
“Wonderful accommodations, beautiful beach, a little pricey but we loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Just back from three night/four day stay at this wonderful facility. We rented two side by side two bedroom condos which were as nice as any we've stayed in, with two master bedrooms, one up and one down, and wonderful furnishings. They roll out the red carpet for your pet (we had one dog along) and the staff does everything they can to be of assistance. Included was complimentary daily continental breakfast (closer to continental on steroids - plenty), free DVD's (which was great for the three grandchildren who were along). The nearby beach, including Haystack Rock, are wonderful and the evening fire on the beach and smore making was a trip high-lite. The town of Cannon Beach is full of fun shops and restaurants (the folks at the Lumber Yard restaurant we're so nice to us). We had a blast. The only downside was the cost, over $400 per unit per night, but we were there for 4th of July and they were at 100% occupancy. If you don't need a condo the complex also includes smaller hotel-like units which I assume are much less. They come with daily maid service which the condos do not. We peeked into one or two of the hotel rooms and they looked very nice.

Room Tip: The hotel is one and half blocks off beach so there are no ocean view rooms. The B Building rooms a...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Markobrown

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

We absolutely loved the Lodges at Cannon Beach.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with two king beds and a pullout queen sleeper sofa. My two children ages 2 and 4 slept together in the upstairs bedroom while we slept downstairs. The lodges are new, extremely clean and well maintained. The decor is pottery barn style and gorgeous.

The management has thought of everything for your stay, from rubber duckies and beach toys for small children, an expansive dvd movie list, umbrellas, beach chairs, board games, cookies all day everyday, coffee are just few of the items you can use from the front desk. The management was extremely friendly and helpful.

The units are very quiet, there is no one above or below you-just your own guests.

Just a mention from the post below...Our door code did reset on the day of check out but the front desk is a few steps away, not sure why that was such a huge issue with the guest below. It took less than a minute to walk to the front desk and have them re-open for us.

One of the best condos we have stayed in as an RCI member.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

The condos are lovely and a wonderful place to stay with family. We too had the lockout experience described by buddaful but it really was no big deal and the explanation by the staff made some sense. One uses a 6 digit code as the 'key' to get into the units & the computer automatically rests the codes at checkout time on checkout day. Probably not the best system. But they just gave us a new code & we went on our way. It was a 5 minute glitch at most. The condos are well situated & furnished. A nice breakfast & all day cookies are included. The price makes this a really good value. We'll definitely return!

FYI - We have rented houses & condos for many years in many places around the USA. We have found them to almost always provide more valus than hotels when traveling with family BUT they also tend to have a few more 'quirks' also. We are happy to put up with the 'quirks' to get the space & value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

This was our 4th trip staying at the Lodges, we were again impressed with the service of the managing hotel, The Inn at Cannon Beach, and the property itself.
We cannot say enough about the level of service, the amenities of the condos and the overall GREAT time we have when staying!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

I Just got back from spending a night at the Lodges at Cannon Beach and was very disappointed with the staff and service more so than the accommodations. First, allow me to list the positives: 1) New and very Clean 2) Large two bedroom with a fully equipped kitchen and which is great for families.

Now for the negatives 1) Upon arrival we were told that before we left we should wash our towles and load and run the dishwasher (an odd request when you are paying $400 per night and the official check in time is 5:00 pm and the check-out time is Noon. 2) We asked for a late check out and the granted us until 1:00 pm. I left the duplex to run across the street and when I returned at 12:03 I was locked out. Fortunately, one the adult family members was still inside and was able to let me in. (In all of my adult life, I have never been locked out of a hotel room or vacation rental ever!) When I called the staff and told them what had occurred regardless of the fact that they said they were going to give us a 1:00 pm check-out she lamely explained that they had nothing to do with us being locked out of the duplex that this is controlled by, "a computer and it happens automatically." Needless to say, this is unacceptable and an inappropriate response. Naturally, I was livid and explained that I have small children and were they willing to take responsibility in the event that something happened to our kids while being locked out the duplex? Anyone w/small children knows anything can happen with little ones! (I got locked out once in a hotel room when my son was 18 months because I did not have my key card on me when I put my room service tray outside my room and the door slammed shut behind me. My son was was locked in the room several minutes by himself until I could get security to open my room.) When I told the front desk lady that I wanted to speak to the manager, she replied, "Wow!" with an incredulous tone as if I was crazy! Like I said, the most unprofessional staff ever! Lastly, there is no air conditioning in the unit but no one tells you this when you check-in. We were fooling around with the thermostat for a few hours trying to cool down the upstairs because it was so hot and stuffy when we arrived and like fools we kept trying to program the thermostat to cool down the place. Little did we know that the unit did not have air but then again, how would we know when they DONT TELL YOU! Their response was, none of the hotels at the beach have air! I am getting heated just typing and retelling the idiotic responses of their staff. I was told that he manager was not available to speak with so I requested that he call me. Dare I say I'm still waiting for a phone call?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Buddahful
escapeexpert, Guest Relations Manager at Lodges at Cannon Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
We appreciate your feedback, and take your comments seriously.
We assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer, and as such our team is
reviewing the information you shared in order to further refine our services.

Our mission is to provide each and every guest with a superior vacation experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stunning and luxurious. It is like staying in the Stephanie or Ocean Lodge, but if you had a whole house instead of just a room. A great option for those with kids who want more space than a hotel, without sacraficing the luxury. If I had to think of a downside, it would be that the Lodges are a couple blocks from the beach. Still just a couple minute walk.

• Stayed June 2010