“Room 1, The view is Incredible but beware of bed bugs!”
Review of Ecola Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Ecola Inn
Ranked #10 of 17 Cannon Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was happy to find a vacancy at this vintage wonder late in the afternoon on a warm and sunny Friday and stayed one night. It was a bit out of my price range but it was getting late and I didn't feel like driving around anymore, plus the view of haystack rock was spectacular and the beach was right there! The kind lady at the counter asked if I wanted to see the room before paying. I thought it a strange question, not having experienced or thought about bed bugs before, so I declined. I needed somewhere to stay and this place looked right up my alley. The room is decent, small and cozy. Since I wasn't thinking about bed bugs I placed my backpack on the ground, enjoyed the view and settled in for the night. It had been a very pleasant day on the coast and the room was balmy, I had a very restless night and woke up numerous times. Around 7am I awoke and had a black bug on my hand, again not thinking of bed bugs blew it off and dozed off for about an hour. Got up around 8:30am and checked out about 10:30. It wasn't until about 10:00pm that evening that I noticed the first red marks, which eventually covered both arms, hands, right leg and neck. My left arm and hand are by far the worst. I still wasn't thinking of bed bugs but knew they weren't flea or mosquito bites, so it wasn't until Monday that I looked at pictures on-line and determined I must have been bitten by bed bugs! I immediately called the owner and reported that there must be bed bugs in Room 1. She replied that someone who was in the room after me reported seeing bugs as well, so she and the maids checked the room over and saw no blood trails or bugs and that they "probably need to get a new mattress." I'm not an argumentative person so I ended the call. After fretting all night I called back the next day to request a refund. The owner refused to issue a refund stating that they don't see any bugs or signs of them and that they bombed the room "after I left." She even went so far as to ask me if it was scabies, to which I replied, "if it is I got it from your hotel!" I don't like to cause trouble but I know I didn't go to the Ecola Inn with bed bugs or scabies, and I sure hope I didn't bring any bed bugs home with me! Beware, and check the room first.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
32  Thank Shawna S

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I and our dog stayed here the week of Christmas.
#1 - when you can lay in your bed and look out at Haystack and watch the ocean, that is pretty awesome!
#2 - it was so nice and quiet.
#3 - Miki, our dog LOVED it and had the best time.
You cannot beat this place for quick and easy beach access. The rooms are clean and comfortable. However, after sleeping in a king bed at home, it is very difficult to sleep in a smaller bed. But, we made due and had a ball. WE WILL BE COMING BACK!
Oh - the ONLY thing that was a bummer was the spotty wifi. But, it was quite liberating to NOT have to deal with phone calls or text messages. So take that as you will.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Beth K
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I were LUCKY enough to stay here on October 14 of this year. We had just by chance decided to stop at Cannon Beach to see the amazing Hay Stack Rock and spotted this little gem of a hotel directly on the beach right in front of it. Since we had NO IDEA it was a holiday weekend (Columbus Day) all the rooms at this quaint little town were booked. My husband went into speak to the wonderful woman who runs the hotel and told her of our woes (even though the sign read no vacancy) and she said that she had a room that he held for desperate people.(how sweet is that) and that it did NOT face the beach but that it was 75.00. After he went to look at the room we were simply delighted to be there. The room is on the side of the hotel but still had a nice cozy queen size bed, TV, full kitchen and bath. It ALSO has a balcony that you absolutely look at the beach and the rock from. In the early morning fog we simply walked down the steps from our door, turned right and stepped onto the sand and was directly in front of the beautiful view!!!!! Yes it was a tad stuffy, but that is because it is not used all that often, and was all but clear within minutes of opening the balcony door yet it was still very clean and was just a gift for us. If we came back to Cannon Beach this would be our first choice of places to stay (and of course we would make plans way in advance!!!!) This was one of our favorite places to stay, very quaint town and lovely people.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance as this is not a large Inn, but it is absolutely in the most perfect lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pamelarosen
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This marvelous lodge sits at the North end of Hemlock, near the entrance to the Ecola Park. The room we had was actually a lovely, large queen bed suite. The only thing that needs attention (IMO), is the quality of the bedding. The sheets were low thread count, and as such, felt a bit scratchy. On the other hand, the towels were large and provided enmass. Staff was incredibly friendly and most helpful. I recommend this location, which is good for couples or families.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LuvsTravel273
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here on 3/25/2013 and what a great little place you look out and the ocean is right there with a great view of Hay Stack Rock the room was clean, They could used some new pillows,but I would stay here again.The restaurant has excellent food also.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darbyfortcalhounnebr
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Family and pet-friendly and awesome location. I am lucky enough to have a friend that has had a week's reservation here for years and I get to share. I could say lots of nice things about this property but there is almost no point because you will be lucky to get a reservation here because most rooms are booked year after year by the same people. But if you do get one, be aware that this is a low-key place and , tho recently remodeled, is not a modern-type place but they do have flat screen TV and DVD player and WI-FI

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank skclazysusan
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We have been coming to the Ecola Inn Resort the week after Christmas for many years and will continue to stay here as long the Stevens own this little resort. They are the most wonderful family and because they are the owners you get wonderful, friendly, efficient service. We finally got our foot in the door and get the priveledge of staying at their resort the week of July 4th, also. YIPPEEEE! Very affordable, cozy, clean room. They went through a major renovation Nov 2011 - Feb 2012 due to a settling problem so that issue has been resolved. That Christmas we could only afford to stay in CB for 4 days as other properties are so much higher prices. Wouldn't trade our week at Ecola Inn Resort for any other hotel/room in the area.
Thank-you, Jeanette & Sally, for sharing your little piece of WATERFRONT "heaven on earth" with us twice a year.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have fireplaces with the exception of a few. All rooms have a wonderful waterfron...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple