“Great Place to Eat”

Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Irish Table located in the heart of Cannon Beach. Co-Occupying the same location as Sleepy Monk Coffee Roasters. Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 PM to 10ish, closed on Wednesdays. We offer Irish cuisine with a northwest twist. An amazing romantic atmosphere. We have a great selection of Irish beers on tap, along with wine, Irish whiskey's and scotch. Come check us out!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant is very small and only open at night. The menu has just a few items on it but the food is so good that is really not a problem. A must visit when you are at the beach.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were having trouble finding a place that wasn't full and didn't want to repeat restaurants, so figured we'd stroll to the Irish Table, co-located with the Sleepy Monk coffee house. Frankly, we never would've guessed that a pub would provide that good a meal beyond standard pub fare, but we'll definitely be back. We got lucky on the wait (no reservations for groups <5): we ended up at one end of a large table, with a space between us and a group, and it worked fine. This was serious food: decent beet salad and excellent curried mussels to start, with veggie Shepherd Pie and white salmon for main courses (the salmon was topped with a variety of baby herbs that added nicely). Almost all of the menu was or could be made gluten-free (including the Shepherd's Pie). Plenty of choices for meat vs. veggie, fish vs. other, big vs. small, wine vs. beer. As one might expect in an Irish-style pub, nice whiskey list, too, with reasonable prices as a bonus. From what we heard, it can be a wait during peak times, but it's worth checking out.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Another very nice meal at Irish Table a few nights ago! This our third visit here. I ordered the Beet Salad and The Shepherd Pie this time. The Shepher Pie was small but very rich and yummy. The dish has lots of mushrooms and it is a Vegetarian dish. The restaurant is small and is usually crowded. They do not take advance reservations here but I sure would like to see them get listed on opentable in the future.

For dessert, we shared the Chocolate Pot de Creme that perfectly prepared, as always. Another cool thing about Irish Table is the Soda Bread that is served with dinner. A very hearty, healthy bread that always tastes it was just taken out of the oven.

Irish Table is one of the top restaurants in Cannon Beach, don't miss a meal here for a special evening out while in the area. :)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I actually posted the following review elsewhere last fall, but upon rereading it, I find it is all still true. We were back in Cannon Beach in July and made a point to eat at The Irish Table again. Sean and cie greeted us with embraces and we enjoyed their culinary magic all over again.

"I've been home two weeks now, and it's missing The Irish Table I am. My husband, my mother and I had occasion to spend the entire month of September in Cannon Beach. For this particular vacation we had vowed to eat all our dinners out. No kitchen drudges we! So, we had lots of opportunity to trawl the restaurant scene in town, and even though it was closed two nights a week, only took reservations for parties of four or more, and three hefty storms rolled through during our time there, we still managed to get back to The Irish Table eight times. This is a restaurant that is so much more than a restaurant. From the moment one steps in out of the cold and wet one feels the special warmth and magic of the place. It has the dense wood warmth of the Irish Pub but with a kind of homey elegance and a welcoming embrace. It is owned and run by husband/wife team Sean and Crystal Corbin and the wait team of brothers whose level of service with aplomb and expertise you'd like to bottle and take home with you if you could. The wine list is extensive, and the brothers' knowledge of their inventory and pairings is top level. That's exceptional enough, but what won my devotion above and beyond that was their menu of single malt scotch whiskeys. And these boys can discuss the selections as long and extensively as you've got the time for! On top of that, their menu of starters, entrees and specials is kept selective, with a few delicious gems and something for every taste; and if you go just for the warm, freshly baked Irish Soda Bread that goes on every table, you won't be disappointed. Since we were usually too small a party to qualify for reservations, we arrived long before the 5:30 pm opening and had several opportunities to meet other devotees like ourselves. The loyal and true ( or hooked, depending on how you look at it) are coming to The Irish Table from Washington, Utah, Arizona and beyond. It's that good! After several visits, Sean and company treated us like old friends, with embraces and our favorite table. They are old friends to us now, and we miss them, so here's to you Irish Table. I lift my Highland Park on the rocks to you and look forward to getting back to Cannon Beach and a dish of Shepherd's Pie!"

Well, we got back there, indeed, and I had a dish of Shepherd's Pie and a Highland Park and most of the rest of the menu before we left for home!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

At first glance you'll think this place is just a cafe trying soothing new.
This place is small quaint warm and inviting. My wife had the halibut with finger potatoes and a green salad to start, and she cleaned both plates(not like her at all). I had the seafood chowder, the waiter said that it was a very hardy dish, boy was he right, the seasonings were perfect and very creamy. My entree was the glazed pork chop with rice. Cooked to perfection and great flavors. When you sit down just have them take the salt and pepper away, you won't need it taking up room on the table.

2  Thank Geko7