“Perfect spot at the beach”
Review of Castaways

Castaways
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a wonderful meal at the small bar with 2 girlfriends for our vacation meal away from the kids. Excellent personal service and our salads, entrees and shared dessert (we licked the bowl clean) were all enjoyed. Fun, inventive cocktails and knowledgeable about the wines. A great night out - both the company and the restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing! The food was incredible and the staff was amazing! It was so good, we ate their 2 nights in a row! If they had been open on Mondays, it probably would have been 3 nights in a row!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I decided to give this place a try. If your party is less than six people, reservations are not accepted (and the hours are 5pm - 9pm-ish). We decided to arrive at the restaurant at 5pm and were glad that we made that decision; this was a Thursday night and by 5:45, there were no tables left. My husband and I shared the Coconut Prawn appetizer (yummy). I ordered the Ahi Tuna and my husband ordered the Jambalaya (with prawns added) for our entrees. Let me begin by stating that I think that this was by far the best tuna meal I have ever consumed. My husband's jambalaya was ordered with a heat index of 3 and he loved his meal. We finished off our meal by sharing the mango flambe dessert with coconut ice cream (the only thing that would have made this desssert perfect is if the dried coconut had not been sprinkled over top the dessert). If I ever get back to Oregon, I will be heading here for dinner!

1  Thank Luvstotravel1962
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Food, drinks and service was so good we came back two days later. We met the owners and enjoyed their enthusiasm and attention to detail. Servers were enjoying the evening with the guests.
This is a fun, loud, small tiki hut that serves spectacular dinners. Ribs, Cajun entries, perfectly seasoned and prepared meat concoctions along with fresh veggies and sauces are consistent and well designed. Wine list was large, a number of local ales were offered and the mixologist was making use of a full bar.
Dinner only.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

They said they were open until 9, got there at 820 and they said they sat their last seat for the night even though we saw open tables. Disappointing to see they would turn down the business clearly well before closing, not very accommodating.