“Great As Usual”
Review of The Ocean Lodge

The Ocean Lodge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This was our fourth time at The Ocean Lodge. We stayed for a week. The room was on the top floor with a king bed. The room was gorgeous, perfectly clean and quiet. Of course there were stunning views. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. It just doesn't get any nicer at Cannon Beach. We will be back again.
Michael

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Wow. This was by far the best place I have ever stayed. The room was huge! Cozy fireplace, big jacuzzi tub, and the most comfortable bed ever. So close to the ocean that you open your sliding glass door and a few steps and your on the beach. My husband and I have never slept so good. Not even in our own beds! I hope that my path takes me to OR again so i can stay in this hotel.

1  Thank andraia63
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The one thing the Ocean Lodge does right is location. This is a beautifully located hotel. The front desk staff is friendly. That's as much as I can say for the place.

I made my reservations ~ 2 months in advance and that just wasn't early enough to get a pet friendly room with a view. Ok I can accept that. I was told that other than the view, the non-view rooms were just as nice. This is a lie. The view rooms are airconditioned. Probably not usually a necessity here, but it was a sunny weekend and the third floor room I ended up in was very hot for me and for m dog (a Newfoundland). Also, the room I ended up in was on the small side (not a big deal, really, for me). The bed was so worn out it was sagging and very uncomfortable. Also there was no writing desk or little table to work at with my computer (I like photography and wanted to play with pics taken during the day). Also, the only place you could see the tv from was the super uncomfortable worn out bed.

While I was able to make the room work for me and the dog, I won't sign up again to pay > $300/night (including taxes) for a hot room with an uncomfortable bed and no chair/table to work at.

My advice? Always get a view room... Or better yet, try a different hotel. You'll pay a similar price and likely end up with better facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed five nights on an escape from the Midwest heat. What a find! It has a nice lodge-y
feel. We were in a third floor room with "partial" beach view but it was great and we were very happy with our room. The bathroom is great as is the oversized jacuzzi tub. Fresh cookies are offered 24 hours a day and you could smell them baking. The staff was very friendly. The room had everything we needed. The Ocean Lodge is right next door to the much pricier Stephanie Inn. We enjoyed eating at the Stephanie Inn dining room but were happy to return to our laid back and comfortable room at The Ocean Lodge. We loved it and hope to return.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We loved our stay here. Dog friendly with a washing station and provided doggie clean up bags. Just steps away from the beach and a great view of Haystack Rock. Our room was very nice with fireplace, balcony, 1 bedroom. Really good quality of toiletries and bath robes provided. Also a very good variety for the included breakfast. All day long fresh cookies in the lobby and small doggie treats. A great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2011

my husband and i spent four days here relaxing. good breakfast, warm cozy rooms right on the ocean. perfect forva romantic getaway.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ocean Lodge for our anniversary for 4 days. We had a room on the third (top) floor. Gorgeous views, tidy room, comfortable bed. The service at the hotel was gracious and much appreciated. While the room was comfortable and the lobby/common areas well appointed and charming. I couldn't help but feel that the room felt a little cheap. Plastic mismatched furniture on the small balcony. peeling wallpaper in the bath. Tiny dated shower. cheap tile and laminate counters in the bath, etc. There are coffee and snacks and such available 24hrs/day and a free breakfast but it would have been nice to have a restaurant or cafe on site. We also missed the fact that there is no pool or hot tub or gym available. They will give you passes to a gym 'downtown' if you'd like but that didn't really suit our needs. I think you are definitely paying for the view and the service. Not a truly 'luxury' room. We had a nice time and there was nothing really 'wrong' but we agree we probably wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: The top floor has vaulted ceilings and small balconies, the second floor has bigger balconies if tha...