We began coming to Cannon Beach in early 1989. The previous motel on this property was the Major Motel. We stayed here until it was sold in 2001 to the current owners who transformed the property to the Lodge it is today. Choice rooms are 101-107. These open up to the lawn. 201-207 are up one story. All the massive timbers, reclaimed wood floors and old school bleechers stairways and the large log wood burning fireplace in the lobby add to the ambiance. Nice breakfast each morning, coffee and snacks during the day. The location is on the south end of Cannon Beach, which we think is the best stretch of beach where the water comes as close at high tide than other areas.
The old Major Motel would be proud of what is now the Ocean Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Lodge is ocean front and top drawer without being pretentious while exuding beach culture at every turn. Views from the hotel are breathtaking. The guest rooms are warm and welcoming, and the lobby with it's massive river rock fireplace blazing is always inviting. The Lodge staff are consummate service professionals. Overlooking famed Haystack Rock and the scenic Oregon coast, the Ocean Lodge offers its guests fireplaces in all guest rooms, wireless internet access, a casual breakfast buffet, home-baked cookies, is in close proximity to boutique shopping, art galleries, and restaurants, in a convenient location. Pet friendly rooms are available. You will check-out feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Lodge Cannon Beach Or